What's new

Complete tv series DVD purchase question? (1 Viewer)

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I want to purchase a complete series DVD set that that has been hard to find but I've found new copies from a third party seller on Amazon with a 99% approval rating for $60.75 delivered and Deep Discount for $75 delivered. If I ordered it from the Amazon seller it would be cheaper but if it is a bootleg the sale will be over at Deep Discount by the time I get it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I'd spend the extra $15 for Deep Discount, if for nothing more than peace of mind. You know DD is legit.
Thanks, I'm leaning that way. A year ago I would have saved the money but after some trouble with The Bob Newhart Show I'm kind of cautious about deals that seem to good to be true.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I learned my lesson. I still need to replace Maude I got from ebay for so darn wonderfully cheap that it only looks good on my boobtube, on my biggie tv the picture is covered in seawater from the wake of a pirate ship! :( go with DD. only thing to worry about is getting it all cracked up.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
With me it depends on the Amazon vendor. I've dealt with a number who are legit, reputable, and have, at least as I can determine, never sent a boot of anything. Without knowing the vendor I'd go with DD.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
With me it depends on the Amazon vendor. I've dealt with a number who are legit, reputable, and have, at least as I can determine, never sent a boot of anything. Without knowing the vendor I'd go with DD.
CG Movies and Games

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If their rating is 99% positive (with a good number of ratings), it seems unlikely they're selling anything shady or poor quality.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I looked them up on Amazon. They have over 5000 lifetime ratings for that 99%. I'd probably take a chance with that and if it's a "Fulfilled by Amazon" wouldn't hesitate. Of course the main drawback is if it does arrive damaged or is a boot all Amazon'll do is refund.

Do they still have the set available? I looked at their storefront and didn't see anything that matches your description - either price or rarity.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
I looked them up on Amazon. They have over 5000 lifetime ratings for that 99%. I'd probably take a chance with that and if it's a "Fulfilled by Amazon" wouldn't hesitate. Of course the main drawback is if it does arrive damaged or is a boot all Amazon'll do is refund.

Do they still have the set available? I looked at their storefront and didn't see anything that matches your description - either price or rarity.

Thanks for checking that. No, they just had one copy available. I think I will speed up the shipping to two day though, right now it's six day to get a $1 digital credit. The other issue was that to get the $75 price at DD I had to order two other items and I was having trouble finding sets that I wanted. With the bootleg Bob Newhart set they refunded the money and didn't require a return. I ended up ordering a legal copy when Amazon's price came down and it came out $1 cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bipbop13
Recent bookmarks