What's new
World Wide Stereo

Component recommendations for complete DYI Home theater under ~$10,000 USD (1 Viewer)

ArizonaRhodes

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan Rhodes
Please help on recommendations on what model and components to purchase for a DYI complete package home Theater for under ~$10,000 USD

Theater room size 12’x22’ 10’ ceiling

• Projector?- Reference ~16’ throw distance ( I like the JVC NX5 ? )
  • Speakers?-5.1 or 7.1 (Klipsch?)
  • Receiver (DOLBY ATMOS, I will also be using a Sony Playstation, Netflix, Wi-Fi, Apple AirPlay 2, and Amazon Alexa compatibility)
  • DOLBY ATMOS
  • Screen?
  • Universal remote?
  • Power management?
  • Speaker cables (size/recommended brand)
  • HDMI cables, (recommended brand)
  • CAT6 cable (for projector remote?)

Thank you in advance for your help

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I get the impression that people don’t like whole-system threads like this. They expect posters to do some research on their own and ask, for example, “what do you recommend - AVR A, B or C?”

That said, I’ll take a shot at some of this.

AVR – I’m partial to Yamaha so get their best offering that you can afford.

Speakers – best to open a thread on our Speakers Forum. You won’t get any recommendations from anyone without first stating a budget.

Power management - I’m partial to Furman or Panamax.

Speaker cable – 12 ga. or 14 ga. The cheapest oxygen-free you can find. Any wiring inside walls requires CL2 or CL3 cable.

Screen / Projector – I know nothing about them. Open a thread in our . They will be asking for a budget.

Universal remote – ditto. Open a thread in our Accessories, Cables and Remotes Forum.

HDMI cables – As above.

Cat6 cable – Really? There are options? I didn’t know there was such a thing as special Cat6.

Hopefully you can get some better answers at the other HTF forums. Good luck!

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

ArizonaRhodes

Auditioning
Real Name
Alan Rhodes
Thank you Wayne, very helpful and I will take advice on not whole system post but more specific. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks