What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release Criterion Press Release: Pink Flamingos (1972) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
gCk6l0s3X7SI0jlJx5dqLC6F0scEfy_large.jpg
John Waters made bad taste perversely transcendent with the forever shocking counterculture sensation Pink Flamingos, his most infamous and daring cinematic transgression. Outré diva Divine is iconic as the wanted criminal hiding out with her family of degenerates in a trailer outside Baltimore while reveling in her tabloid notoriety as the “Filthiest Person Alive.” When a pair of sociopaths (Mink Stole and David Lochary) with a habit of kidnapping women in order to impregnate them attempt to challenge her title, Divine resolves to show them and the world the true meaning of the word filthy. Incest, cannibalism, shrimping, and film history’s most legendary gross-out ending—Waters and his merry band of Dreamlanders leave no taboo unsmashed in this gleefully subversive ode to outsiderhood, in which camp spectacle and pitch-black satire are wielded in an all-out assault on respectability.

FILM INFO​

• United States
  • 92 minutes
  • Color
  • 1.66:1
  • English
  • Spine #1131

DIRECTOR-APPROVED BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• New 4K digital restoration, supervised and approved by director John Waters, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
  • Two audio commentaries featuring Waters, from the 1997 Criterion laserdisc and the 2001 DVD release
  • New conversation between Waters and filmmaker Jim Jarmusch
  • Tour of the film’s Baltimore locations, led by Waters
  • Deleted scenes, alternate takes, and on-set footage
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • And more!
  • PLUS: An essay by critic Howard Hampton and a piece by actor and author Cookie Mueller about the making of the film, from her 1990 book Walking Through Clear Water in a Pool Painted Black

New cover by Eric Skillman

June 28, 2022

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I wish they would have included the short "A Love Letter To Edie". It was included on the laser disc and I thought it was lovely.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I wish they would have included the short "A Love Letter To Edie". It was included on the laser disc and I thought it was lovely.
That was actually on the Polyester laser disc, not Pink Flamingos. I don't recall if it was included on the Polyester blu ray? If you can get your hands on a copy of the "John Waters DVD Scrapbook," it's included on there.

Last edited:

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
What's a little child trafficking, furniture licking, excrement gifting and arson among friends?
And, still, it's a hell of a lot of fun. Can't wait!

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Is this film as “bad taste” as they say it is?

So i'll take that as a yes.

I've known about this film since I was a kid growing up in the 90's, but it will be shortly after my birthday that I'll be able to see for the first time.

This film like The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a right of passage.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I couldn't get "How much is that doggie in the window?" out of my head for weeks afterwards.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Interview with John Waters about the impending release of the jewel in the crown of the Criterion Collection: :D

https://ew.com/movies/pink-flamingos-john-waters-divine-criterion-collection/

Waters will soon receive his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which immensely pleases the so-called Pope of Trash.

"Of course it does," he says. "It was sponsored by L.A. Outfest and they paid the expenses and I'm really thrilled. I wish my parents were alive to see it."

"I didn't write this," Waters continues with a chuckle, "but someone commented, 'Now, he's even closer to the gutter!' It's perfect."

:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks