What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Cruella (2021) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Premier Access paywall on Cruella has dropped. It is now included with the regular subscription cost on Disney+. I have decided it is not for me. But anyone who is interested can now watch it without the surcharge.

They also now have extras which are presumably from the upcoming Blu-ray release. When I used Premier Access for Raya and the Last Dragon back in March, the extras weren't included, but they were uploaded when Raya dropped its paywall. So even if you did pay the surcharge, or saw it in theaters, there might be something new there that could interest you.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
As someone who has virtually zero history with the 101 Dalmations story and by extension, Cruella - this looks amazing to me. I love the look/feel and the fact that she's quite unhinged.

Pretty sure I saw the animated 101 Dalmations as a kid, and I'm not young. So I'm pretty sure that when I see this I am going to see it with very little of what has come before influencing how I feel about it.

So for me, Disney can do whatever they want with this character and if it's entertaining, I will enjoy it, unencumbered.

Watching her drive the hotwired car had me laughing out loud.
Same for me, may have seen the original as a kid, never saw the live action versiones, so blank slate here.
My first thought as well.

Big thumbs up for the soundtrack
Yeah, good music, but 'punk'? She's a rainbow and Sympathy for the Devil by Stones, and lots of other 60s stuff? Only a few songs from the 70s, and they were Supertramp, mostly. I'm 60+, and most of this stuff came out before I started listening to music, and I started early. Big up though for doing Now I Wanna Be Your Dog, that was punk before there was punk.

Anyway, loved the movie, cool, over the top acting from both Emmas, witty dialogue, nice sets and costumes, cute dogs and Stanley Tucci, what more can you ask for?

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
I absolutely adored this movie! The two Emmas spark off each other beautifully in an incredibly stylish, very camp, and very very funny film! Loved every minute and laughed out loud a number of times, as did the rest of the audience I saw it with. I’m going to see it again.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My wife and I finally got around to watching this on Disney+ the other night and we loved it! I had no idea what it was actually going to be like going in, as I initially thought giving Cruella her own movie was an odd choice. But I saw a couple of the tv spots and I felt a pull. It turned out to be really up my alley. Both Emmas were amazing, and the whole look of the film was very cool. And the music really blew me away. Definitely going to be watching this again.

This one would have been amazing on the big screen, but unfortunately it had a VERY short theatrical window in our area, shorter than other films that have been out the last few months, strangely. But at least we finally saw it, as we’ve been interested for a while now.

krisamarin

Grip
Real Name
Kris
Initially, I had tons of skepticism about Cruella but to my surprise I enjoyed it quite a bit. The film managed to have true character development without taking itself too seriously and visual effects were gorgeous and realistic, somehow everything managed to come together very well. Also not to mention the stellar performance by Emma Stone, supported along by a very strong cast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks