What's new

Cyberlink PowerDVD 22: Do Blu-ray Playback and Blu-ray Disc Menu Functions Remain after 30 Day Free Trial Period Ends? (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Much to my chagrin, over the weekend, I discovered that the shorts on my LAUREL & HARDY YEAR ONE Blu-ray set will not play properly without Disc Menu access, which leaves out my free Leawo Blu-ray player as an option for playing these on my PC setup!

Yesterday, I seemingly found a solution in downloading Cyberlink PowerDVD 22, which does indeed function the way I need it to!

Then. after midnight, I saw the following response to my related query on a different forum:
"As been posted many time(s) Leawo does not necessarily support BD+ drm menus. But enjoy your trial PowerDVD."

It hadn't previously dawned on me that I had downloaded a trial version of Cyberlink. Several feverish searches later, I am still not clear in regards to whether after the 30 day trial, Cyberlink PowerDVD 22 will cease to function period, or if this only affects "Premium Features?" Also, just what exactly the premium features consist of remain unclear to me!

All I need is to be able to play Blu-ray discs, AND have Blu-ray Disc Menu access. That's it!

Can anyone tell me whether or not those above functions will remain after the trial period ends, or am I sol without coughing up funds for a paid version of Cyberlink PowerDVD 22?

Any clarification regarding the above would be greatly appreciated! :)

CHEERS! :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If hard drive space is at a premium, use Handbrake (also free) to compress the ripped files with negligible quality loss.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
If hard drive space is at a premium, use Handbrake (also free) to compress the ripped files with negligible quality loss.
Hi Dave!

Thanks, but I've been reading that the anti-piracy mechanism on the Laurel & Hardy Year One set is actually preventing such solutions from being workable for titles on that set. Handbrake is worth considering in general, though.

Happy New Year! :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hi Dave!

Thanks, but I've been reading that the anti-piracy mechanism on the Laurel & Hardy Year One set is actually preventing such solutions from being workable for titles on that set. Handbrake is worth considering in general, though.

Happy New Year! :)
No harm, no cost in trying or yourself :) And a quick search, looks like the problems are sorted.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I figured some other free software would play discs with menus but I’ve only ever used PowerDVD for that.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I figured some other free software would play discs with menus but I’ve only ever used PowerDVD for that.
VLC is best for playing files and also does a pretty good job of playing Region 2 DVDs (& Region B Blu-rays) with a blu-ray/DVD player/burner as one of the drives attached to the computer (Either internal or attached by USB).

I suppose a fairly cheap way to get PowerDVD is to buy and external DVD or BluRay /player/burner.(Eg LG) There is usually an OEM version of the PowerSuite on disc bundled. As long as the drive is attached when the software is installed . It will recognize the other optical drives and will install the appropriate software - at last check ...

The OEM software will continue to work with a nag to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks