What's new
World Wide Stereo

Dac Delima (1 Viewer)

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
I have never owned a DAC and after doing some research, since I really like listening to the playlist I have on my iPhone, I pulled the trigger on a Schiit Modi 2 Uber. I purchase the lightning to USB 2.0 cable and finally get my system put together and... my phone says the Modi device requires too much power. Back to the drawing board. I ask around, look at the Schiit website. According to it, I need the camera adapter from Apple, lightning to USB, and then a USB to USB 2.0. Order the cables, do the update on my phone and.... my phone says, USB Modi device requires too much power.

I unplugged everything, I turned everything off and back on. Anyone got anything? Is it worth the aggravation?

Attachments

• IMG_3918.PNG
    IMG_3918.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 243
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
I found this on the website and am ordering yet another adapter, though, this is it for me.

"If you have an iPhone running iOS7 or above or iPad running iOS6 or above with the Lightning connector, you can use the Lightning to USB 3 Adapter from Apple, or the Lightning to USB Adapter from Apple, together with a powered hub to avoid the "this device draws too much power" error. You'll also need a USB cable."

It makes no sense to me, but, it is what it is. If this won't work, its for sale if anyone wants a DAC.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It needs power the phone can’t provide. That’s a really basic problem, and even their web site addresses it. It has an auxiliary usb power input. That’s the usb with an a/c plug graphic. Get a usb power supply, like a charger, plug a usb cable into it, in addition to the one from the phone. Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks