What's new

DC on The CW 2018-19 Crossover Event: "Elseworlds" (December 9-11 2018) (1 Viewer)

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
All I can say is that after seeing how fun and awesome this year's crossover was, I'm really looking forward to next year's as well! How cool was it to be teased a year ahead for what will be coming in 12 mobths?! Hopefully the 2019 crossover will give us everything this year's event did and a whole lot more!

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
On the other hand, it makes no sense that a Kyptonian and a human could have a child together

For several reasons why (most not appropriate for young readers), see "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" – a short article by Larry Niven, collected in the book All the Myriad Ways.

Of course, logic hasn't prevented DC from depicting unlikely inter-species offspring, of which Kryptonian/human hybrids are only one example.

E.g., at the end of Alan Moore's The Last Superman Story, we see a baby squeezing a lump of coal into a diamond. Bet Clark is going to regret having exposed himself to Gold Kryptonite when that kid gets to be two!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I watched all three parts last night. It was loads of fun. I still have 13 episodes of Arrow on my DVR after watching this one. I don't feel that I really missed any of that, though now that I know there is an ending I may watch some of those.

One of the highlights were the new introductions to the show. The Arrow intro with the Barry Allen switch into Oliver. The Deegan introduction to Supergirl.

Loved hearing the Smallville "Save Me" giving that callback.

And having Crisis next year instead of 2024 (as in The Flash newspaper) is a surprise. Perhaps what is going on in the current Flash series helps accelerate events.

There are loads of nice touches in the three episodes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And having Crisis next year instead of 2024 (as in The Flash newspaper) is a surprise. Perhaps what is going on in the current Flash series helps accelerate events.
I'm guessing we'll pay a visit to the time vault later this season on "The Flash", and the date of the newspaper will have moved up to 2019.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
One last thing that I'm wondering about. Since the theme was changing identities, was there some kind of tie-in with Supergirl and The Flash changing their regular Sunday/Tuesday timeslots?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One last thing that I'm wondering about. Since the theme was changing identities, was there some kind of tie-in with Supergirl and The Flash changing their regular Sunday/Tuesday timeslots?
I think it's as simple as the story they wanted to tell required the most "Flash" characters in hour one and the most "Supergirl" characters in hour three, so it was easier to just have the shows switch time slots.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Well that was fun, for the most part. Interesting that in 90's Flash world, John Diggle is (was?) the Green Lantern. Batman exists on Earth 38? They are fr-enemies, apparently. Evil Superman looked like real Superman even though he had no reference, as he was using Supergirl as his template, so that was kind of odd and forced. Bat-woman was OK as a character I guess. Costume and look was cool though. I am not sure I would watch a stand alone show. But I said that about Black Lightening and I am finding that to be one of the better shows, so maybe.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Evil Superman looked like real Superman even though he had no reference, as he was using Supergirl as his template, so that was kind of odd and forced.
The cosmic book gave Deegan complete knowledge of the universe -- but only the Earth-1 Universe. So he knew what Superman looked like from the fight with the power-replicating robot in Part 1, but that brief foray into Earth-1 (coupled with his knowledge of Supergirl's various visits to Earth-1) is all he knew about Kryptonians.

Which may mean that Iris will be pregnant soon.
Well you figure Jessica Parker Kennedy is 34, and Nora is supposed to be around the same age as her parents, who are about 29. She came from the year 2049, so 2049-29=2020-9 months=2019. So I think it's very possible that Iris is pregnant by the end of the season.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Crisis on Infinite Earths -- call up Tom Welling, and maybe Justin Hartley, and really put "Save Me" to proper use. Heck, let's get Dean Cain. They can even dip into the movies since they already have Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer, get him to pull double duty. Gimme a big Monitor screen somewhere that shows clips from all of the old DC movies and shows.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Crisis on Infinite Earths -- call up Tom Welling, and maybe Justin Hartley, and really put "Save Me" to proper use. Heck, let's get Dean Cain. They can even dip into the movies since they already have Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer, get him to pull double duty. Gimme a big Monitor screen somewhere that shows clips from all of the old DC movies and shows.

Calling Adam West, George Reeves and Lynda Carter!

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I would love to see Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, and Justin Hartley take part. What a fun Smallville geek-fest that would be!

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I would love to see Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, and Justin Hartley take part. What a fun Smallville geek-fest that would be!

Rosenbaum could also play another Flash, courtesy of the Justice League animated series.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The "Batwoman" pilot is starting to fill out its cast:
  • Rachel Skarsten (Dinah Lance on The WB's short-lived Batman spinoff "Birds of Prey") will play Alice, the Joker-esque leader of Gotham's Wonderland Gang.
  • Meagan Tandy ("Teen Wolf") will play Sophie Moore, a high-level private security agent and one of Gotham’s staunchest protectors. In the comics, Moore was Kate Kane's ex-girlfriend. On the show, she's expected to serve the same purpose as Maggie Sawyer, a character that was already used on "Supergirl" and played by an actress who isn't interested in returning.
  • Camrus Johnson ("Luke Cage") will play Luke Fox, son of Wayne’s R&D director Lucius Fox, who is fiercely loyal to Batman and works to keep Wayne Tower secure in Bruce Wayne’s absence.
  • Nicole Kang ("You") will play Mary Hamilton, Kate Kane’s step-sister and polar opposite.
David Nutter will direct the pilot.
The problem with them doing "THE" Crisis, is that the Crisis merged all the Earths, which, of course, can never happen.
But they might merge all of the DC/CW multiverse, so that "Supergirl" and "Black Lightning" are brought into the main Arrowverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks