What's new
World Wide Stereo

DELETING OLD POSTS (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Here's a little question for the Forum Forces That Be: Do you think it might make sense to delete some of the
oldest posts that are no longer relevant? Two examples that come immediately to mind are the WEEK-END
VIEWINGS list and the LOWEST BLU-RAY PRICES list. Does anyone really want to see what the New! Low! Prices
were last October, or what someone watched back in May of 2016? Just curious, and of course I wouldn't be
the one doing all the work.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
[original comment removed by poster, as reading it outside of its intended spirit might cause unintended offence]

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Here's a little question for the Forum Forces That Be: Do you think it might make sense to delete some of the
oldest posts that are no longer relevant? Two examples that come immediately to mind are the WEEK-END
VIEWINGS list and the LOWEST BLU-RAY PRICES list. Does anyone really want to see what the New! Low! Prices
were last October, or what someone watched back in May of 2016? Just curious, and of course I wouldn't be
the one doing all the work.
I don't quite understand why the older posts are a problem. I rather give people the option of reading older posts than deleting them just because some of us find them useless now. Also, it would take a lot of work, but if it didn't, I wouldn't want mass deletions. It's not in the spirit of this forum to do such a thing.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
With the drop in the price of mass storage, it would cost more to delete posts than to just archive them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I like to go back and find old posts so no not a good idea to me.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Not a problem,and all logical answers. Just one of those odd questions that pop into what
remains of my rapidly aging brain. Thanks for the polite responses!

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(More generally).

If one doesn't want anyone to read their "old posts", then one shouldn't be posting anything online. Whether here, facebook, twitter, or any other platform which hosts user generated messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks