What's new
World Wide Stereo

Denon 3805 vs. Rotel 1056? (1 Viewer)

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I've heard a lot of really positive comments about the Denon 3805 receiver in this forum. But two dealers I've talked to (who carry both) each recommend the Rotel 1056 instead. I'd appreciate any opinions comparing the two A/V receivers.

(If this makes any difference, I was listening to B&W 604s and associated surrounds, center, and sub in one store, and Paradigm Studio 40s etc in another. Both sounded killer with the Rotel.)

Neal_C

Second Unit
Both units are excellent pieces, but I would say go with the Rotel. I have the 1055 and it is excellent.

I thought about the Denon 3805 for the auto calibration, but I like the sound of the Rotel much more than I care about the calibration feature.

The Rotel's will definitely sound better. So if you are choosing on sound performance, Rotel is the way to go.

Neal

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
I agree with Neal 100%. the rotel will sound better now matter how many extra features the denon has.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale