What's new
World Wide Stereo

Denon AVR playing weird alarm sound??? (1 Viewer)

mq420

Auditioning
Real Name
Christian
Hello,

I am having a Denon X1300 AVR device. Sometimes the device is playing a weird alarm sound. The sound is really loud and the only way to turn it off is to turn off the receiver.

I have no idea what is going on. Also it is completely random at what time the sound is playing. The receiver can be turned on for 10 minutes or can be turned for 2-3 days.

I looked at all the settings, the manual and used google but I could not find any useful information.

This is super annoying and I tried my best to find a solution.

Any advice I would be greatly appreciated.

Also the receiver does not have alarm clock / alarm sound setting.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't find anything that would fit. I know some AVR have an actual alarm built it , but that would only to to go off at the same exact time everyday and should be fairly easy to find int he menu.

You could try resetting the player to factory default and see if it clears something in the memory, but I hate to rethink having to re configure the whole setup.

I know one of my old receiver had an overheat sensor/alram, but if you then it would turn itself off after a short period of time. I guess check to make sure the vents are open, clean the dust/debris, if it has a fan is the fan running or obstructed,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks