What's new
World Wide Stereo

Everything to Know About Wall Mount (1 Viewer)

Josh Orenberg

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Hi I have a simple situation - my old TV in my bathroom died and I am getting a new one. It will be attached to the wall with a mount that is already secured to the wall and the mount previously was connected to the old TV (super heavy old guy, definitely heavier than the new one). This is the Samsung TV I am getting. I don't have the instructions for the mount any more. What is everything I need to know? I also found this guy (universal kit of Samsung bolts/washeres/spacers) that could prove helpful. I have the bolts/washers from the old setup, but don't remember if the washers went in between the mount and bolt head or in between the mount and TV.
Thanks!
Josh

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey Josh, I'm no expert but I would do it like this stack

Bolt head
washer
TV mount
TV

So the mount is on top of the TV with no washer in between with a washer in between the mount and the hex of the bolt head. If you have plastic spacers those should go between the mount and TV.

Good luck and welcome to HTF.

Josh Orenberg

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Thanks dude. Also should I only use spacers to prevent the screw from going too deep into its receptacle if the screw hole is smaller than the bolt length?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks