What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Flash drive for in car audio--unwanted song shuffle? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
As my new 2020 Kia Sportage has no CD player, I'm now learning how to transfer music from compact disc to USB drive. But I've noticed that when I play in the car, the tracks on any particular album are getting rearranged and played back in alphabetical order by song title. I couldn't find anything in Kia's user manual to address the issue. Is there something I should be doing, either when burning CDs or a setting on my car's console, to hear in album order?

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
When you're ripping the CDs, make sure it adds the track number to the beginning of the file name, as well as includes the track number in the metadata. Either one should work around whatever settings your car has. If nothing else, the track numbers at the beginning of the file name will play in "alphabetical" order.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This got me thinking about the Pioneer Music Keg that came out a mere 18 years ago. “Unlimited mp3 storage for all your music” which topped out at 10GB. What a long way we’ve come.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks