What's new

Forgotten Films (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Cattle Annie and Little Britches - Outstanding cast (Burt Lancaster, Scott Glenn, Rod Steiger, John Savage, and very young debuts by Amanda Plummer and Diane Lane)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
The Oscar (1966) Tawdry and trashy Hollywood tale with Stephen Boyd, Elke Sommer, Ernest Borgnine, Eleanor Parker and Jill St. John.
Stepping Out (1991) Liza Minnelli teaches a dance class with Shelley Winters at the piano.

Yes please on these two. STEPPING OUT is a delightful, little remembered Liza Minnelli
musical that matches the charm of the Broadway original. And THE OSCAR is one of the all time
great stinkers. I still quote such great lines as "If you lie down with pigs, you get up smelling
like garbage." This gem is delivered by Tony Bennett, as Hymie Kelly. I've always wondered
why they didn't go full out and have his characters name be Hymie Alejandro Kelly.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Profumo di donna (Scent of a Woman) with the great Vittorio Gassman showing Al Pacino how the role should be acted.
I'm also in for Dramma della gelosia and Lo straniero

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Lock Up Your Daughters! (1969). A trio of randy sailors on leave go looking for women in 18th-century London. A real restoration romp with (among others), Christopher Plummer, Susannah York, Ian Bannen & Tom Bell. It's never been released on DVD or Blu-ray, & I don't think it's been on TV since the mid-seventies (not in the UK anyway), so...forgotten.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Lock Up Your Daughters! (1969). A trio of randy sailors on leave go looking for women in 18th-century London. A real restoration romp with (among others), Christopher Plummer, Susannah York, Ian Bannen & Tom Bell. It's never been released on DVD or Blu-ray, & I don't think it's been on TV since the mid-seventies (not in the UK anyway), so...forgotten.

The musical version is also a little known gem. The University of Minnesota Theater Department's production, back in
the late 1960s, was a real delight.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
ps: Just did some searching on-line, and was surprised to learn that the film version of LOCK UP
YOUR DAUGHTERS is based on the musical, but with all the songs cut, a la IRMA LA DOUCE.
Who knew?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
How about “Renaldo and Clara” with Bob Dylan? That’s pretty obscure these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks