What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

General Discussion Fubo TV. Is It Worth It? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thinking of getting Fubo to watch SNY which has become too expensive with DirectTV. Over $170 per month. Fubo would be $105.

Looking for opinions on the service if anyone subscribes.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve only used YouTube Live and Hulu Live briefly, but am also interested in the answer to this.

I’d love to have access to SNY so I can watch Mets games. I have no need for cable television and will not subscribe simply to watch Mets games. It’s absurd to me that it’s 2024 and that’s still the only legal answer. Even $105 a month for Fubu is too much for me, because I’d be paying that just for one channel.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ve only used YouTube Live and Hulu Live briefly, but am also interested in the answer to this.

I’d love to have access to SNY so I can watch Mets games. I have no need for cable television and will not subscribe simply to watch Mets games. It’s absurd to me that it’s 2024 and that’s still the only legal answer. Even $105 a month for Fubu is too much for me, because I’d be paying that just for one channel.
I hear ya Josh. Mets are the reason I’m asking. Plus I’ll get rid of DirecTV. Seems like a good deal. But I heard it’s capped at 720P for some sports.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m wondering if it’s any better on cable - it’s been a few years since I cut the cord but back in late 2019/early 2020 my cable box was getting a mix of 1080i and 720p signals

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Thinking of getting Fubo to watch SNY which has become too expensive with DirectTV. Over $170 per month. Fubo would be $105.

Looking for opinions on the service if anyone subscribes.
Actually interesting that you posted this today because after 17 years with Dish I'm switching to DirectTV tomorrow.
I'd grown tired of their sports-unfriendly channel lineup. But what comprises that $170 per month you mention?

Their regional sports monthly fee is $15.99. I'm assuming you've been subscribed to a monthly package that includes premium movie channels? My monthly fee will be about $133 per month after taxes for Choice. I haven't a need for any movie channels although I'll be getting Max, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax and Sports Pack free for 3 months after which I'll cancel.

Thanks!

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I hear ya Josh. Mets are the reason I’m asking. Plus I’ll get rid of DirecTV. Seems like a good deal. But I heard it’s capped at 720P for some sports.
I thought most sports channels - notably ESPN - were in 720p anyway. That's what they chose in the early days of HD because they felt it was better for capturing the fast motion of sports.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Actually interesting that you posted this today because after 17 years with Dish I'm switching to DirectTV tomorrow.
I'd grown tired of their sports-unfriendly channel lineup. But what comprises that $170 per month you mention?

Their regional sports monthly fee is $15.99. I'm assuming you've been subscribed to a monthly package that includes premium movie channels? My monthly fee will be about $133 per month after taxes for Choice. I haven't a need for any movie channels although I'll be getting Max, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax and Sports Pack free for 3 months after which I'll cancel.

Thanks!
I’m currently on the least expensive package. $50 per month. To get SNY I would have to upgrade to a premium package to add the sports package bringing me to $171 per month.

I’ve been a DirecTV subscriber for over 30 years. Just has gotten too expensive.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So I went ahead with the free 7 day trial. So far so good. I’ll check in with my thoughts later.

Let’s Go Mets!
1712607800018.jpeg

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So I sign up. Create an account. Sit down to watch my first METS game and the first thing I see is the following scroll!

“FUBO TV customers. Fubo Tv intends to drop the Mets on SNY. This means SNY’s live Mets games will no longer be in your lineup. Don’t miss out on Amazin’. Go to SNY.TV/FUBO TV to find other providers who carry SNY. “.

I mean WTF??🤬

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Hulu is still listed as an SNY provider on SNY’s website so hopefully that’s not changing anytime soon. I wonder if Hulu offered some kind of incentive to SNY to become their exclusive streaming provider or if the other services just weren’t willing to pay SNY’s fee anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks