What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (May 31, 2019) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Same universe, but I don't know how connected the plot will be to the prior story. Only Sally Hawkins and Ken Watanabe have returned from the first film.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The problem with EFX heavy films that release trailers a year ahead of time is that the effects aren't complete. THEN DON'T INCLUDE THEM! If it's a "work in progress" how are we supposed to make an informed decision about the film?

And Mothra looks ridiculous!
They really have to give at least some shots of the monsters. Since the movie is so far off, why do you have to make a decision now? It’s too early to pass judgement.

As always it will be inferior to the true Godzilla movies from Japan.
I’m not a fan of the man in a lizard suit stomps miniature buildings Godzilla, even the original. The obvious fakery always takes me out of the movie, then there’s the bad scrips and worse acting. I don’t understand their popularity.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A lot of it is nostalgia from our youth I would say.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I’m not a fan of the man in a lizard suit stomps miniature buildings Godzilla, even the original. The obvious fakery always takes me out of the movie, then there’s the bad scrips and worse acting. I don’t understand their popularity.

If it ain't a man in a suit on miniature sets, it ain't Godzilla.

41813098740_6a184f2df7.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
A lot of it is nostalgia from our youth I would say.

I was a toku FREAK in my youth. Some of the Big G films are better than others, but there are definitely high points if you like this sort of stuff. This trailer is kind of the fulfillment of my childhood dreams in that regard. The dialogue is atrocious though. Still, seeing Toho’s classic monsters on the big screen will undeniably be a treat for a fanboy like me. I hope this is fun like Kong: Skull Island as opposed to dull like the Gareth Edwards film.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Also, the release date for the film has been pushed back to May 31, 2019.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
That trailer is EPIC WIN.

Sorry, not to me. This looks somber, dull and depressing.

Such a stark contrast to Kong: Skull Island, which I absolutely love and still watch at least once a month.

I was hoping for more of a tonal bridge to K:SI for their eventual showdown. But this looks bleaker than Gareth's vision. I'm having trouble seeing how these franchises will merge together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks