What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Me too. HDX only

Called Disney. They said to get the UHD version on vudu you have to buy it directly from vudu. Otherwise HDX only.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Me too. HDX only

Called Disney. They said to get the UHD version on vudu you have to buy it directly from vudu. Otherwise HDX only.
In otherwords, f*** us! A great way to take care of your consumers Disney.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It's because DIsney Movies Anywhere isn't geared up for 4K yet. Once they have DMA up to speed they should be able to handle 4K redemptions, but right now they can't.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's because DIsney Movies Anywhere isn't geared up for 4K yet. Once they have DMA up to speed they should be able to handle 4K redemptions, but right now they can't.
That's just as bad to me. This industry keeps rolling out formats that are not ready for prime time so that the consumers get the maximum value out their formats.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
I preordered mine from BB the day it was first available for preorders. It did not ship. I received an email today that it was being delayed, with no further details.

I really hate this retailer exclusive stuff. It's not right that they can't even fill their "day one" preorders. I don't have a local Best Buy (except for a semi-local one nearly an hour away that never has anything in stock and lies about it when you call) so I guess I just don't get this release?

Yep, same boat and it won't let me cancel it so I can just go get it from the store. I'm done with Best Buy pre-orders, in fact done with Best Buy unless it is something I can't get somewhere else. This is coming from a multi-year Elite Plus member... They obviously don't know how to keep there customers happy.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yep, same boat and it won't let me cancel it so I can just go get it from the store. I'm done with Best Buy pre-orders, in fact done with Best Buy unless it is something I can't get somewhere else. This is coming from a multi-year Elite Plus member... They obviously don't know how to keep there customers happy.
Will they let you change it to store pickup?

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
That's just as bad to me. This industry keeps rolling out formats that are not ready for prime time so that the consumers get the maximum value out their formats.

And yet _I'm_ the bad guy around here for pointing out how shitty the UV format has been for consumers. For the last four years =)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I would like to thank the United Parcel Service for pushing the red button on my Steelbook and bending the Christ out of it. It even says DO NOT PUSH!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Got the email Monday night from BB that my 4K/3D steel book preorder (from July 11) was delayed. If it didn't ship by September 20 they would cancel the order. What garbage.

So I waited until 1:30AM eastern time and it became available for purchase and in store pick up at my local store. Placed that order and picked it up Tuesday morning. Of course later that day I get the email saying that the original order has shipped.

So I'll either sell the extra to a friend at cost, or sell at a profit on eBay.

Looking forward to watching it in 4K on my projector this weekend. Will probably take in a 3D viewing as well.

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Got the email Monday night from BB that my 4K/3D steel book preorder (from July 11) was delayed. If it didn't ship by September 20 they would cancel the order. What garbage.

So I waited until 1:30AM eastern time and it became available for purchase and in store pick up at my local store. Placed that order and picked it up Tuesday morning. Of course later that day I get the email saying that the original order has shipped.

So I'll either sell the extra to a friend at cost, or sell at a profit on eBay.

Looking forward to watching it in 4K on my projector this weekend. Will probably take in a 3D viewing as well.

I almost did the same thing but I was just going to pick up the non-steelbook version this weekend. However, it should be waiting for me when I get home. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks