What's new

hanging new tv - problems with mount (1 Viewer)

scotty74

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
hi all, new member here - hanging my new Samsung LED and here is my issue;
unfortunately i went the cheap route on the mount, walmart. great reviews, basic mount. should be ok.
problem is, samsung led's require a spacer as the screw holes are setback from what would be the flat back end.
so the hardware included with the mount has 2 sets that "should" fit. but, one is too short, and the other is too long.
now, the longer 8m40 has an included external spacer, now when that is used, its too short!
(deep breath)
now i can get about 1 turn into the tv when using the longer screws, but that scares me, i want those screws to go all the way, about 4 1/2 turns...
thoughts?
can i go to lowes or depot and buy a 8m screw that is slightly longer, 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer and if so, will this do the trick?
thanks for any help guys...
Scott

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
It should be OK, but I would check the manual first. Does it specify what size screw to use? If it does, DO NOT go longer than they say. If the manual does not say, I would call Samsung.

scotty74

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
the samsung book says to use an M8 screw. the mounting kit i have has two types of M8 screws, the M816 and the M840 along with an M8 spacer.
back to square one above, with the 16 being too short, and the 40 being too long. if i use the spacer with the 40, then its too short to grab any thread on the tv.
samsung was of no help after waiting for 15 minutes for them to tell me i should have a professional install it, or buy a samsung wall mount.
Scott

scotty74

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
going to try and get a 8mm / 3/4 inch screw (or 1 inch with a few washers) as this should give me enough bite on the threads for me to feel safe - sound about right?
the screws i have now are 1/2 and 1 1/2.
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totoattack
Recent bookmarks