What's new

Disney+ Hawkeye (Marvel Cinematic Universe) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Now that you mention it
That line did strike me as interesting, that would mean this entire show is after NWH since it all happens in the span of bout 5-6 days.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I agree with that assessment.

I wish that Marvel would come out with an official timeline for Phase 4 explaining when each film or show takes place in relation to the other ones. It used to be pretty simple because they were (mostly) following a linear pattern. Perhaps it will become like that again once we actually catch up to the five-year time jump in 2023. But for right now, it is a bit confusing as to what happens in chronological sequence. This doesn't exactly matter because thus far stuff like Shang-Chi and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier have not really occupied the same corner of the MCU. But I would imagine at some point down the line that there will be another crossover type movie, and it would be nice if there was a clear timeline of events leading up to that.

Hawkeye and No Way Home do occupy the same geographic location because they are both set in New York, so it makes sense for one to reference the other. But it is still a little odd that they were released out of order. That's one of those weird oddities that happens when you are managing a cross-platform multimedia series, especially involving Spider-Man because that one requires coordination between Disney and Sony. It's not a big deal. But I noticed it because if Sony had not included that scene in the No Way Home trailer, we wouldn't have any idea what Yelena was talking about in her line of dialogue.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also, when Ronin knocks out alternate Jon Snow look alike guy that guy clearly knows Ronin.
Just before Ronin knocks him out he says, “Okay, Lars talk.”

He is very likely Ronin’s informant about the night when he killed Echo’s father.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Hawkeye" takes place in 2025, judging by the "Happy New Year 2025 Year of Snake" posters in Chinatown when Clint was getting his hearing aide repaired.

The Blip ended in October 2023 with the events of Avengers: Endgame. In the school news broadcast at the beginning of Far From Home, Betty states that the Blip ended eight months earlier, which places that broadcast in June 2024. The overseas school trip happened more or less immediately after the school year ended, placing the mid-credits scene in early July 2024.

Given the life-changing revelations of that mid-credits scene, I can't imagine that there's too much of a time jump between Far From Home and No Way Home. So I'm thinking that the events of No Way Home take place about a year before the events of "Hawkeye", give or take a few months.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
"Hawkeye" takes place in 2025, judging by the "Happy New Year 2025 Year of Snake" posters in Chinatown when Clint was getting his hearing aide repaired.

The Blip ended in October 2023 with the events of Avengers: Endgame. In the school news broadcast at the beginning of Far From Home, Betty states that the Blip ended eight months earlier, which places that broadcast in June 2024. The overseas school trip happened more or less immediately after the school year ended, placing the mid-credits scene in early July 2024.

Given the life-changing revelations of that mid-credits scene, I can't imagine that there's too much of a time jump between Far From Home and No Way Home. So I'm thinking that the events of No Way Home take place about a year before the events of "Hawkeye", give or take a few months.
Agreed - except that I think Hawkeye is taking place in December 2024. The "Happy New Year 2025" posters are celebrating the new year that is about to begin. That would place it a few months - maybe even weeks - after No Way Home. Marvel doesn't usually jump around that much, and a year between the projects would be a lot.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Agreed that it seems there are waay too many dangling plot threads to wrap up in a single episode. I'm wondering if this is a multi season project ala Loki now.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
^Well, for one thing, the stuff that Clint told Echo about who wanted her father dead likely will not be addressed until Echo’s own series. Not sure when that one is coming, but soon, I hope, because she’s an intriguing character.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Right, I wasn't surprise by any of this episode's revelations as I expected just about every one of them. They are definitely setting up the future as to Kate, Yelena and Maya. I have to admit that I like the character of Yelena more than Natasha. Her offbeat humor and personality cracks me up. I nearly lost it when she dumped that hot sauce on the macaroni as that's something I do as I love hot sauce on many of my favorite foods.:)

Yes, Yelena was hilarious in her "dinner" scene with Kate!

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
With regards to timeline between Hawkeye and No Way Home...

I also caught the new and improved Statue of Liberty line from Yelena, but I interpreted it as the version with Cap's shield, as seen in the official NWH trailer at around 1:10 time stamp. So if that is what Yelena meant by new and improved, then Hawkeye could be set before NWH.

Now, don't read the following if you haven't seen No Way Home...

By the end of NWH, the Statue of Liberty looks like it's back to its regular self, so my guess is Yelena is not referring to this as "new and improved." There's also a scene where Spidey swings over a plaza covered in snow....so NWH could be set around the same time as Hawkeye or just after it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
With regards to timeline between Hawkeye and No Way Home...

I also caught the new and improved Statue of Liberty line from Yelena, but I interpreted it as the version with Cap's shield, as seen in the official NWH trailer at around 1:10 time stamp. So if that is what Yelena meant by new and improved, then Hawkeye could be set before NWH.

Now, don't read the following if you haven't seen No Way Home...

By the end of NWH, the Statue of Liberty looks like it's back to its regular self, so my guess is Yelena is not referring to this as "new and improved." There's also a scene where Spidey swings over a plaza covered in snow....so NWH could be set around the same time as Hawkeye or just after it.
There are two ways to interpret that:
  • This series takes place between Far From Home and No Way Home when the changes to the Statue of Liberty were still under construction, or
  • This series takes place after No Way Home, and they either pulled the shield out of the upper bay and reattached it.

Either way, the Statue of Liberty had been polished down to its original copper again, so it no longer has its distinctive green patina in the MCU. It took about a quarter of a century to fully oxidize the first time, so it will be brown for a while in the MCU, too -- with our without the shield.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, I have to say my opinion of this series has changed quite a bit. I would have to say this show is the best of these Marvel D+ shows, followed by Loki, Wandavision and Falcon & The Winter Soldier.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
On E4 still catching up but this made me lol.
8E33411D-3903-4507-9449-B83EB1E1FDB0.jpeg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Oof wish we could have more then a day or so to edit. I just noticed a typo in my recent post that makes it look like gibberish.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's kind of funny timing that both Matt Murdock and Kingpin made their return to the MCU in the same week in separate projects.

Also, both of Hailee Steinfeld's two separate Marvel projects have featured Kingpin as the main antagonist. She is also the voice of Gwen in Into the Spider-Verse, which of course isn't in the MCU but is very much a Marvel project.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don’t think it was a coincidence that the episode aired when it did.
I really don't think that they specifically timed this episode of Hawkeye exactly to the same week that No Way Home debuted. Disney obviously needed to have Hawkeye in the November/December window because it is Christmas themed. But Sony, not Disney, is the distributor for No Way Home and they made the decisions on how and when that film should come out. If Sony had wanted to release No Way Home next year, or if COVID had gotten in the way of the release again, Hawkeye still would have still needed to come out this year to time it to the holiday season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
We know from the initial previews that the final episode of Hawkeye will take place, in part, at Rockefeller Center at night -- which is exactly where Spider-Man: No Way Home ended, with Spider-Man swinging past the tree. I highly doubt we will see Spider-Man in Hawkeye, but it has to be about the same time frame.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
We know from the initial previews that the final episode of Hawkeye will take place, in part, at Rockefeller Center at night -- which is exactly where Spider-Man: No Way Home ended, with Spider-Man swinging past the tree. I highly doubt we will see Spider-Man in Hawkeye, but it has to be about the same time frame.
I didn't notice the tree at Rockefeller Center. In that case, "Hawkeye" begins just about where No Way Home ends. The events at the Statue of Liberty have either recently happened or are about to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonStorm@HTF
Recent bookmarks