What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Help setting a "default" internet connection for my iPad Mini (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
When I moved into my apartment and signed up for Comcast/Xfinity internet I was given access to the Xfinity network until I was set up with my router, etc. I created a secure connection called White Tiger. Occasionally if I recharge or shut down my iPad it automatically connects with Xfinity rather than "White Tiger". When the tech set up my Mac he showed me how to set it as a default internet connection but I can't figure out how to do it on my iPad. Apple's support page was no help unless I'm not asking the question correctly!

Thanks in advance!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
The next time your iPad connects to the WiFi you don't want, go to Settings : WiFi : i in a circle on the line with the name of the one you are connected to : Forget This Network

Now on Settings : WiFi connect to your "White Tiger". Rebooting or otherwise reconnecting your iPad should still connect it to "White Tiger"

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
This is in iOS 11…if you go into "Settings" and bring up the "Wifi" panel, then tap on the name of the connected network, you will get another panel with some options. From there you can forget the network entirely or turn off the option to automatically connect ("Auto-Join"). Hopefully one of those options will work for you.

Also, as I understand it, wifi network priority will sync between a Mac and a iOS device if you are using the same icloud account. So you could try setting the wifi network priority on your Mac and see if that helps.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks