What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

Hocus Pocus 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Review
HocusPocus_feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow.

And I bought this blindly based on the overwhelming praise from its fans.

Looks like I wasted $10. Thank God it was only $10.

I'll try to watch this when I have nothing better to do.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Well, I for one love this film! Perhaps you have to have grown up with it like I did, but I watch it almost every Halloween. It's a lot of fun.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Perfect family Halloween movie and well-done in every regard. I only have this on anamorphic DVD and the sound and pic are excellent! No need to get it on BD, in my view.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Wow.

How do you know you wasted $10 until you actually watch it??!!

It's a fun lighthearted Halloween movie the whole fam can love.

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy Powell
As a Bette Midler fanatic since high school, I have always enjoyed HOCUS POCUS and especially Bette''s performance. Okay, so this movie is not THE ROSE or BEACHES or FOR THE BOYS, and my favorite Bette comedies are BIG BUSINESS and THE FIRST WIVES CLUB, but HOCUS POCUS is very enjoyable for what it is, and it is certainly head and shoulders above STELLA and SCENES FROM A MALL.

jimmyd05

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Dickinson
This is a family favorite since it's release. It actually has some hip comedy for a Disney release and isn't nearly the treacly offering that DIsney live action can be accused. It still holds up as we recently watched it earlier this year and it is a perfect Halloween movie for adults to watch with their grade schoolers and younger teens. Ebert had it wrong. With so many 'scary' movies that can fall on either side this is a nice balance of humor and gentle scares.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I bought the new version and popped it in for a check on the commentary, which is actually a picture-in-picture audio-video track (nice!) and watched for a minute or two.

This is a dumb, fun, delightful film that I enjoy every year and the new bonus features are a nice treat.

A worthy upgrade in my opinion.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Disney should be raised for including special features on this release, however though how they decided to go about doing it just reinstates what I've been saying and others have been saying about them. This film deserves to have it's features accessible on their own, not lump together in an overhaul version only like what Paramount did to Airplane! with their "Don't Call Me Shirley Edition" .

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Wow.

Gotta agree with a lot of the other posters; this is a fun Disney family film. Have watched it many times over the years and still enjoy tuning into it whenever I catch it airing on TV. Would definitely give it a chance and seems like a good time to try it out with Halloween on the approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale