What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Horse episodes in various TV series (2 Viewers)

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I'm sitting here this morning watching Simon & Simon's season 3 episode called Bloodlines. It made me think about how many TV series (excluding westerns and Mr. Ed) had horse (or horse related) episodes. I think it's almost used as much as "the single mother syndrome"

Here's a few I can think of:

The Incredible Hulk Rainbow's End
The Greatest American Hero Desperado
The A-Team When You Comin Back Range Rider (suspiciously a lot like TGAH's Desperado ;)
Rtptide It's A Vial Sort of Business
Magnum PI Adelaide
Simon & Simon Bloodlines
Street Hawk The Arabian
Murder She Wrote From The Horse's Mouth, Bloodlines, Dead Heat
Mike Hammer, Private Eye Lucky In Love

I'm not sure, but I think Simon & Simon's Bloodlines came before the Murder She Wrote episode of the same name. I'm sure there has to be a lot more I've forgotten, anyone else have any titles?

I also think Manimal had a episode where Chase transformed into a horse (not on screen) but I haven't watched the series in 3 or 4 years.

I'm surprised by the time Airwolf's 3rd season came around that had Hawke and company saving kids and nuns, that there wasn't a horse episode.

DOM: String...we gotta save that mustang!
HAWKE: Give me turbos!

Last edited:

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Bewitched had two episodes centered around horses.

The Horse's Mouth (season 2, episode 25)
Samantha turns a runaway horse into a woman in order to be able to communicate with it.

pGRc8sE3UMfPx56FzGUNQmKFxvM.jpg

Three Men and a Witch on a Horse
(season 8, episode 13)
Samantha helps out when Endora makes Darrin a gambler; Darrin bets on a horse bound to lose.
three-men-and-a-witch-on-a-horse-airdate-december-15-1971-elizabeth-picture-id109391864

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I think this is my new favorite thread.

LOL...the things one thinks about at 3:30AM.

Thanks for all the horse sitcoms guys! After seeing the pics of Bewitched and Sanford & Son, I remember seeing those, but wasn't aware of any horse episodes of Ozzie & Harriet.

As for The Untouchables, I just bought the complete series about a month ago and it's in my "watch" pile.

I just remembered SHAZAM! had a horse episode Thou Shalt Not Kill

Also, while not really a horse episode so to speak Captain Marvel saves a girl on a runaway horse in The Athlete

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Bewitched had two episodes centered around horses.

The Horse's Mouth (season 2, episode 25)
Samantha turns a runaway horse into a woman in order to be able to communicate with it.

pGRc8sE3UMfPx56FzGUNQmKFxvM.jpg

Three Men and a Witch on a Horse
(season 8, episode 13)
Samantha helps out when Endora makes Darrin a gambler; Darrin bets on a horse bound to lose.
three-men-and-a-witch-on-a-horse-airdate-december-15-1971-elizabeth-picture-id109391864

Two of my favorite Bewitched episodes. Elizabeth’s love of the horses shines through.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
M*A*S*H - Dear Mildred

Who can forget the scene of Hawkeye, BJ and Radar trying to rope the skittish animal. Great ending when Radar realizes he can gift the horse to Colonel Potter (former cavalryman) by handing him the reins saying, "Here's the keys." Love Potter's "tiptoe through the tulips".

Sophie.jpg

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation featured a racing horse that killed its owner in S3E21. A bit darker tone for this thread, but it was a horse-centric episode.

I don't recall the specifics but I'm pretty sure that CSI: Miami also dealt with horse racing although I don't recall the episode(s) or how much horses actually factored into the episode(s).

- Walter.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I think Mister Ed had a horse or two in it. ;)
___

As well as:

My Favorite Martian:
Season 3, Episode 29: "Horse and Buggy Martin."

Dennis the Menace:
Season 2, Episode 12: "The Christmas Horse."

The Monkees:
Season 1, Episode 8: "Don't Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth."
horse.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmdexcavation
Recent bookmarks