What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

Hour of the Gun Blu-ray Review
houroguntop-1024x491.jpg

A meat-and-potatoes western dealing with the extended aftermath of the gunfight at the O.K. Corral, John Sturges’ Hour of the Gun is a gritty, fairly humorless western, much more interested in presenting the reality of the Old West rather than a fantasy version of it.

[review]

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for the review. My disc is on the way to me. I get the impression that I like this film a lot more than you do. :)

I'm very pleased that the images are presented in sharp focus because the DVD is a bit soft. I'm annoyed and disappointed that there are so many marks and speckles. Those defects should be easy to remove digitally.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review. My disc is on the way to me. I get the impression that I like this film a lot more than you do. :)

I'm very pleased that the images are presented in sharp focus because the DVD is a bit soft. I'm annoyed and disappointed that there are so many marks and speckles. Those defects should be easy to remove digitally.
I like this film a lot too and the performances by the 3 main leads. But it is a downer, moody film so probably not for everyone. Most of the Hollywood westerns were changing to a dark tone around this time. No doubt an influence from the Spaghetti westerns that had become popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brian13mt
Recent bookmarks