What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time June 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-jpeg.57468

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these June Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first! 
Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.
screen-shot-2019-04-12-at-9-39-20-am-png.57469

HELLO, FRISCO, HELLO (1943) BLU-RAY — June 18 [2K Restoration]
HUSSY (1980) BLU-RAY — June 18 (Helen Mirren/John Shea)
MOTHER WORE TIGHTS (1947) BLU-RAY — June 18 [2K Restoration]
PIN UP GIRL (1944) BLU-RAY — June 18 [2K Restoration]

Continue reading...

Attachments

• post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 9.39.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 9.39.20 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 169
Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Well, I'm astonished. Delighted too but astonished. I thought these musicals from the '40s would not get a high definition transfer because the original elements had been junked. I accept there's only so much that can be done but I'm buying!

Oh yes; and I don't want to hear any complaints about the quality from those people who are forever posting lists of their Blu-ray demands and including these '40s Fox titles in those lists.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Fans of Fox 40s musicals should be in seventh heaven! I'm not among them but I will be picking up Mother Wore Tights. I wish that it had been Springtime In The Rockies or Song Of The Islands rather than Pin Up Girl. If these three sell well (I suspect they won't but we'll see), perhaps they'll pop up in the future.

Last edited:

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot believe this!!! 3 Fox musicals in the same month??? What a marvelous surprise! And best of all I would never suspect these 3 would make it to Bluray. I thought the Grable’s titles coming from TT were Down Argentine Way and Moon Over Miami, as they had restored DCP transfers.
Well, I am so happy with this announcement. Frisco is my favorite Faye movie and having Mother wore tights in home video! Thank Twilight Time!!!!!!
I hope you have more of these ladies movies to release in the future (Down Argentine, Tin Pan Alley, That Night In Rio, Moon Over Miami, Springtime in the Rockie, maybe).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mother Wore Tights is definitely among Betty Grable's best musicals; I LOVE the score and made an audio tape of it one time from a TV broadcast so I could listen to the songs over and over. I reviewed both it and Hello, Frisco, Hello in their DVD-MOD incarnations, so these Blu-rays will have to be a step up from those.

DannyLewis

Stunt Coordinator
Mother Wore Tights is definitely among Betty Grable's best musicals; I LOVE the score and made an audio tape of it one time from a TV broadcast so I could listen to the songs over and over. I reviewed both it and Hello, Frisco, Hello in their DVD-MOD incarnations, so these Blu-rays will have to be a step up from those.
Hello Frisco Hello was released as a pressed dvd part of the Alice Faye box set (Fox Marquee musicals). I never bought Mother wore tights because I never cared for Dvd-Rs.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
I am thrilled and I'll be buying all 3 Fox musicals on day one. Pin Up Girl and Hello, Frisco, Hello are favorites of mine.

Interestingly I went to You-Tube to watch the "You'll Never Know," number not that long ago and to my surprise it was no where to be found when I looked.

Other Alice Faye segments were there, including a quite good 1980's performance of the song by Alice Faye, and one with just film stills, but no vintage 1943 movie clip of Alice on the phone. So this is welcome news indeed.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I'm certainly in for the three 40s musicals (although I'll probably end up waiting for a sale, as this is shaping up to be an expensive year, considering what everybody seems to be announcing, and I REALLY want Criterion's release of Swing Time that month). I also wish they could clear up You Were Never Lovelier, as that is currently the movie I want the most that we know they have licensed.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
My recollection of Hussy (from HBO/Max a million years ago) is that it was a good film in need of a better transfer, and here we are.

Last edited:

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Releasing three musicals and a British film appears to be an annual trend with TT now as last June they released My Gal Sal, My Sister Eileen, Let's Make Love and Take a Girl Like You.

I'm in for the Fox titles and only hope they look as good as My Gal Sal. Centennial Summer is another title where I hope the clearance/release issues can be resolved. And as stated above, I'd love to see a release of Springtime in the Rockies along with Billy Rose's Diamond Horseshoe. The latter title may have clearance issues as well since I don't believe it's ever been released in any home video format.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
You can’t go wrong with Alice Faye and Betty Grable. Day one purchases for me!

If y’all ever get a chance, check out the Phil Harris & Alice Faye Radio Show On SiriusXM Radio Classics.
That show is always a riot, especially when bratty wise guy kid Julius shows up on the scene.

=====
Phil Harris: “shucks Julius, we set up camp 3 days ago and it’s rained every minute of the day”

Julius: “No wonder schmuck, you pitched your tent under a waterfall “.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks