What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

HTF REVIEW: Ekster Parliament Wallet (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IMG_0382.jpeg

I usually only write product reviews on this forum that are related to Home Theater gear. Once in a while a company will contact me and ask if I am interested in looking at something they are offering. If I find the said product to be unique and of possible interest to readers of this forum, I'll agree to do the review.

Wallets are a personal obsession of mine. As with most men, a wallet defines your style. We all want something minimalistic, made of fine leather and capable of holding money and a lot of credit cards without overburdening pocket space. Every year I treat myself to a new wallet. It's not that my current wallet isn't holding its own, but rather the fact that I become bored with what I currently have and look to see if I can find something even smaller and more capable.

When the folks at Ekster contacted me about doing a review on one of their best-selling wallets I immediately agreed. Here was yet another minimalistic wallet that had an entirely new twist on not only storing my cash and cards but being able to track their location should the folder be misplaced.

IMG_0384.jpeg

The Ekster Parliament Classic arrives nicely packaged in its own box, ready to be gifted. It is seen here with an optional tracker card that I will discuss in more detail later in this review.

The wallet itself is very handsome, made of aged Premium European leather. The outside of the wallet has a nice, soft texture. Along the perimeter is fine stitching. In all, the craftsmanship here is extremely impressive. There is a small "E" embossed on the front corner.

IMG_0386.jpeg

The first thing you notice when opening the wallet is that it has an elastic money clip. This is perfect for a small amount of handy cash, easily accessible without having to remove a clip.

IMG_0414.jpeg IMG_0391.jpeg

The wallet is designed to fit a total of 10 credit cards. You will find several pockets aligned inside the wallet and a single slot on the outside. You will find the most unique storage option along the top of the wallet where there is a single slot to store up to 6 non-embossed credit cards. You simply load the cards in one-by-one, pressing them down into the slot compartment. When you need to access those cards, a simple press of a lever on the bottom of the wallet forces the cards out where you can easily select the one you need.

What really attracted me to this wallet was the tracker card which can be purchased separately.

This tracker is a little thicker than a standard credit card which means it won't add any unnecessary bulk when you insert it into the wallet.

IMG_0425.png

You simply pair the Bluetooth tracker with the Chipolo app that you can download from the iOS and Android stores. Once paired, you can locate your misplaced wallet by opening the app and pressing a button. If your wallet is within range you will hear the tracker ring. If your wallet was left outside of your home perimeter you can precisely locate it with included Google Maps which will pinpoint the address.

The downside to the tracking device is that the ringer is not very loud. You really can't hear it unless you are nearly on top of it. My Tile Pro tracker is much louder. However, the upside with the Ekster tracker is that since it's solar-powered you never have to fiddle with batteries nor do a yearly upgrade as Tile requires you to do. This is a permanent purchase and easily recharged by natural light or sunlight.

The Ekster Parliament wallet and tracker combined will set you back a little over $100. However, for that price point, you are getting a quality billfold that will last you many years, while offering the kind of attachment you haven't had with previous wallets.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cool review, Ron!

The wallet's got a lot of nice things going on with it.

But the one thing that seems to be missing is a place to hold actual cash (for those people who might still carry around a fair amount of cash) and not just the random couple of small bills tucked into the elastic band. Or, do I have that wrong?

I just checked their website and see the dimensions are listed as: 0.4 x 4.1 x 2.5 in

That IS small.

Between Apple Pay and the various cards I carry, maybe I really don't need the cash that I usually feel like I need to have. But I still find that not a lot of places accept Apple Pay yet. And there is always the need for things like my health insurance card, driver's license and other cards I NEED to have on hand.

I like the way one of the reviewers on their site put it: This is a fantastic wallet that forces you to think critically about what you need to carry. I'm sure I could pare things down in my wallet quite a bit.

I'm giving this some thought...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mike,

You are correct. The only place for cash is the elastic band.

I have pared down what I bring with me. I used to have a really fat wallet with every card I own. Now I am more selective.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Interesting review, Ron. I wouldn't mind having a more streamlined wallet, but I am still struggling with reducing the number of cards I carry. I do have all my credit cards and ATM card loaded in Samsung Pay (which works at more places than Apple Pay), but I also have membership cards that I still carry - - they are loaded in Samsung Pay or have their own app (AAA), but the stores really don't recognize that. I am still not comfortable relying on Samsung Pay for all purchases, either.

Paying $100 for a wallet is more than I am willing to do, too. I bought my current one at a Tanger Outlet Mall store for under $15.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
For the past couple of years, I have carried a slim front pocket wallet made by Columbia. It holds exactly what I need. The front has slots for three cards, the back has a card slot (where I keep my health, dental, and vision insurance cards), a non-magnetic money clip, and there is a side slot for my driver’s license. I think I paid maybe $25 for it two years ago. (I placed it next to an iPhone 8 for scale.) A78D05A0-1951-40EC-B09C-E48460B12375.jpeg 4D89AC38-855A-499B-862E-C53C4F8867F5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks