What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Hulu Huge thumbs up for Boss Level on Hulu (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Loved it. Groundhog Day meets Shoot Em Up.
113AF61E-5004-4910-B956-3912CCEC0D2F.jpeg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I started streaming this as it looked good, but the Hulu logo stayed on the screen.

I had to stop after 5:00 minutes as it annoyed the heck out of me. Did it finally go away, or is this the new strategy for Hulu? I can't watch a movie with logos smeared on the screen for 90:00 minutes.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I only started subscribing to Hulu when my Roku added support for Airplay- that allows me to watch their shows with NO logos or ratings notices onscreen. I have zero tolerance for that practice, now I can actually enjoy recent TV shows with no logos and no commercials.

Airplay has been a godsend, as it eliminates many of the annoyances from streaming service interfaces. Naturally Netflix doesn’t support it because they’re jerks.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I only started subscribing to Hulu when my Roku added support for Airplay- that allows me to watch their shows with NO logos or ratings notices onscreen. I have zero tolerance for that practice, now I can actually enjoy recent TV shows with no logos and no commercials.

Airplay has been a godsend, as it eliminates many of the annoyances from streaming service interfaces. Naturally Netflix doesn’t support it because they’re jerks.

Wow! Never heard of doing that, tried it and you're right! Thanks! Now I can enjoy this film Boss Level without the intrusive logos!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
One thing I forgot to mention: Mel Gibson is in this film. I will not pay to go see a Mel film but since this was part of my subscription I didn’t feel the need to boycott it. I support everyone deciding on their own to avoid or embrace his later films, so if this is an issue for you, be aware up front.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Huh. I watched it via the Hulu app on the PS5, and never once noticed if there was a hulu logo there the whole time.
Not saying it wasn't there, just that until I read this thread I had no idea that was even a thing. And I'm usually pretty good at noticing things like that.

As for the movie itself, it was pretty good. Nothing extraordinary, but fun.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Ever since Hulu Plus started, they have been overlaying network logos onscreen (Fox shows will have a FOX logo, for example) but they are done by the interface, not on the actual video. The older Hulu Desktop (which was free) did the same, but you could trick the logos into going away pretty easily. The logos got a lot smaller within the past few years, but are still unacceptable. I'm glad to subscribe now that I can enjoy shows without them, the way they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks