What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Huzzah and rejoice: Leonard Part 6 is coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Bill Cosby Stars in the Hilarious Spy Spoof

LEONARD PART 6

Debuts on DVD April 26, 2005

Culver City, CA (February 14, 2005) - Bill Cosby stars with Oscar®-nominee Tom Courtenay (Best Supporting Actor 1965, Dr. Zhivago; Best Actor 1983, The Dresser), Joe Don Baker (Fletch, Cape Fear) and Gloria Foster (The Matrix) in LEONARD PART 6, debuting on DVD April 26, 2005, from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. With its hilarious look at family foibles and cloak & dagger craziness, LEONARD PART 6 is wall-to-wall classic Cosby!

Synopsis
The inimitable Bill Cosby is on a madcap mission to save his marriage, his daughter's reputation and the world in the imaginative misadventure LEONARD PART 6. Leonard Parker(Cosby), a former secret agent turned bon vivant restaurateur, is enlisted to stop the evil Medusa Johnson (Gloria Foster) from destroying the world with her vast army of killer frogs, lobsters and horses. It's a tough assignment for the top-notch agent - but his troubles don't end there. Parker's trying to win back his ex-wife who dumped him seven years ago. And his daughter's about to marry a man who's old enough to be her grandfather! But have no fear. Whether it's an international crisis or a domestic dilemma, it's all in a day's work for Leonard in this wild and wacky comedy for Cosby fans of all ages.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Presented in Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78
Audio: English Dolby Surround Sound
Bonus Previews

Year of Theatrical Release: 1987
Rated: PG
Color / Closed Captioned
Running Time: 85 Minutes
DVD Catalog # 11190 / DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-11190-5
DVD Order Date: 3/24/05
DVD SLP: $19.94

----

Must have been tough for the marketing people to summarize this movie without using the phrase "among the worst films ever made." :D

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
OMG, Hell has indeed frozen over... Satan is skating to work! I never thought that in a million years this movie would make it to DVD. I can't remember how many times I watched this as a kid, but I have semi-fond memories of it. I'll be picking this one up in April.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Melted Butter!

Actually I was thinking this morning when this flick was coming out on dvd. I am sorry I couldn't think of a better movie.

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Didn't Cosby try to buy back and destroy all prints of this film?

What always bothered me as a kid was that the film didn't make sense at a couple of points. Was the version that came out on video and played on cable TV the same as what was shown in theatres?

It's been more than a decade since the last time I watched it (and probably more than 15 years, actually), but I still vividly recall a scene in which Cosby shouts out whatever the animal attack word is (quelish or something) despite the fact that there was no way for his character to know the word. And I was the kind of kid that was bothered for DAYS by something like that.

Now I sort of want to see it again, to see if I'm just hallucinating this.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Oh, we so need Best Brains do a version....

There are worse things than loving gawd-awful films.

:)

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
Ghost Dad IS getting a DVD release (3/1)...

~shudder~

In any case, I'm actually really suprised that CTHE is putting the disc out in widescreen... We can't get some Scope films in widescreen from them, and now this. They really have their priorities straight.... :rolleyes

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
In their defense, Sony has a number of older catalog releases on the way, and all seem to be in the correct aspect ratio.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Any chance Bill Cosby might go back and film the first five Leonard prequel movies to complete the saga, then come back to it in about 10-15 years and film Parts 7, 8, and 9? :D

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Are either of these true? Im assunming he didnt know what he was getting himself into? Or did he write and produce this "film"?

Whats the skinny on Cos?

Shane Dodson

Stunt Coordinator
Hearing about LEONARD PART 6 reminds of an incident from my early teenage years...one that I'm not proud of.

Me and two of my friends paid to see a movie in the theater (which I can't for the life of me remember what it was). We were going to "sneak" into LEONARD PART 6 after it was over. When we went to sneak in, one of my friends felt guilty and informed us that he was going to pay admission price and THEN go into the movie. Well, at that point, we would have been busted...so we all paid full admission price to see...LEONARD PART 6.

After the movie, I wished that we had been busted. It may have been humiliating, but it would have spared us the inanity that was this movie.

Worst movie I've ever seen...made all the worse by the continual realization that I PAID for this junk.

Regards,

- S.D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks