What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

I Love Lucy Superstar Special #2 DVD Review

ilovelucyspecial2top-1024x576.jpg

In the spring of 2016, CBS once again presented two newly colorized episodes of its legendary sitcom I Love Lucy under the banner Superstar Special #2. These colorized episodes of one of the all-time great comedy series have always been ratings winners for the network, and this latest edition was no exception.

[review]
Read more.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
As with the previous releases in this series, I would be 100% interested if these were released on Blu-ray, but have no interest in standard-def DVD purchases of this programming.

Reactions: PMF

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As with the previous releases in this series, I would be 100% interested if these were released on Blu-ray, but have no interest in standard-def DVD purchases of this programming.
I am sincerely hoping that once they get what they consider enough colorized episodes, CBS will issue a Blu-ray of them in a set.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I am sincerely hoping that once they get what they consider enough colorized episodes, CBS will issue a Blu-ray of them in a set.

That'd be awesome. I'd love to be able to buy them all in one place, along with the colorized version of the Christmas episode. The B&W releases are my go-to, and I'm content with the complete DVD series (and would have bought a complete BD series if such a product had ever been made), but for the sake of variety I'd be in favor of owning a nice HD copy of these colorized versions. They've been fun to watch whenever CBS has aired them.

MaxVolume

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Was there any bonus disc released for this? I thought I read somewhere that TARGET would have an exclusive disc with the "Lucy Does A TV Commercial" episode, but according to their mobile app, #2 isn't being sold in stores and there's no mention of a bonus disc. Anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pmdexcavation
Recent bookmarks