What's new
World Wide Stereo

IR relay/repeater (1 Viewer)

zamboknee

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy W
I'm looking for something to relay the TV commands to my TV who's remote sensor is blocked by the soundbar.
I think the 'passthru' on my soundbar isn't working otherwise I wouldn't need to post this.
Below is the thing I bought to resolve this but it's not working.
Thanks

Cable Matters Infrared Remote Extender Cable, IR Repeater Cable - 10 Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014EDRH3G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.guKDb529V4VD

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's what you need. Of course, the USB has to be plugged in to a USB power source, then the blaster goes somewhere the TV sensor can receive it, and the sensor goes where it can receive the signal from your remote. It might take some experimenting to find the right location for the blaster.

It says the blaster has to be within 5" of the TV's sensor.

zamboknee

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy W
I have the blaster stuck to the TV immediately below it's IR sensor.

Last edited:

zamboknee

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy W

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 12.20.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 12.20.19 PM.png
    334.3 KB · Views: 84

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you read the instructions?

I suspect Wayne may be right. I was thinking the blaster was the type that comes with Harmony hub based remotes, that are placed close to and aimed at the sensor, but this one might be intended to cover up the sensor.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It would be best to locate the blaster in front of the IR sensor. If it can be attached to the back of the soundbar, directly in front of the TV’s IR sensor, that would be ideal. If the soundbar is fully up against the TV, then you’ll have to attach the blaster to the TV itself, again directly in front of the IR sensor. However, unless the blaster radiates the signal out the back as well as the front, the front of the blaster will have to be attached to the TV.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

zamboknee

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy W
So.....I'm stupid. The power plug I have the extender attached to was in, effectively, a dead outlet. It's plugged into a good outlet now and works just fine.
Ugh.
Thank you so much for allowing me to waste your time.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Did you read the instructions?

I suspect Wayne may be right. I was thinking the blaster was the type that comes with Harmony hub based remotes, that are placed close to and aimed at the sensor, but this one might be intended to cover up the sensor.
Typically these devices can be located somewhere in front of the component. However, if they are going to be attached directly to it, it needs to be directly over the IR sensor.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks