What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

UHD Is this UHD Blu Ray Home Video aggregator useful? (1 Viewer)

What are the tags you want most to filter movies by?

• True 4K

• 2K DI Upscale

• Dolby Atmos

• DTS:X

Results are only viewable after voting.

Edoardo

Auditioning
Real Name
Edoardo
Hey guys

I just spent my Christmas break and January building this!

[Mod: Link removed]

Put it live a few days ago

I built it cause I am an avid movie fan and I got a huge Blu Ray and a growing UHD Blu Ray collection at home

Every time I am about to buy a new UHD Blu Ray I find myself going to every site there is - BluRay.com avforums.com etc - to see if they transferred it right and if it looks and sounds stunning

True 4K vs 2k DI upscale is now an obsession of mine! :D

I found myself thinking God, I wish there was like a Rotten Tomatoes for this stuff. Where you get to see everyone's rating

Then I thought Right. Like anybody cares about a niche sector like ours enough to build something like that

And so I decided Why don't I make one??

And here it is!

Do you like it?

I am gonna add features based only on what the community asks for

Based on chats and suggestions on Reddit I added an A-Z Index today!

Are there more features you believe I need to add?

Also I know there aren't all movies up there now but I am adding every day. There are about what - 500 UHD Blu Rays? We'll get there eventually right?? :D

And most important:

Is this useful for us as UHD Blu Ray lovers??

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Why not have the search bar on every or most pages. When I do a search, to do another, I’m have to go back to the home screen.

I curious how you come up with the numerical scores? Some of the reviews probably don’t give a numerical score.

I’m like that you included links to the reviews.

I wouldn’t mind a larger excerpt of the overall or “Movie” score.

I think you’ve got a good idea. It will be more useful when you have more movies.

Edoardo

Auditioning
Real Name
Edoardo
Why not have the search bar on every or most pages. When I do a search, to do another, I’m have to go back to the home screen.

I curious how you come up with the numerical scores? Some of the reviews probably don’t give a numerical score.

I’m like that you included links to the reviews.

I wouldn’t mind a larger excerpt of the overall or “Movie” score.

I think you’ve got a good idea. It will be more useful when you have more movies.

Hey

Amazing feedback!

All the sources I use do give a score to each section

Except for AVS Forum! So far :D When I add more there'll probably be more

AVS Forum doesn't give a total score. I build that aggregating and averaging all the score they have per section!

And another funny thing about AVS Forum is that... only for Film and Extra they don't actually have a score - instead they have an image with 0 to 5 dots - that includes halves like 2.5 - and I have a map that matches each image link to a score!

Do you prefer the search to be on the top bar?

Did you use search more than the A-Z Index for example?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Hey

Amazing feedback!

All the sources I use do give a score to each section

Except for AVS Forum! So far :D When I add more there'll probably be more

AVS Forum doesn't give a total score. I build that aggregating and averaging all the score they have per section!

And another funny thing about AVS Forum is that... only for Film and Extra they don't actually have a score - instead they have an image with 0 to 5 dots - that includes halves like 2.5 - and I have a map that matches each image link to a score!

Do you prefer the search to be on the top bar?

Did you use search more than the A-Z Index for example?
I think the search bar would be best somewhere at the top, maybe on the right? I didn't use the index. Maybe it's just me, but if I'm not growing and locking for a specific film, I would use the search. That's clever, matching image to image.

Edoardo

Auditioning
Real Name
Edoardo
And most importantly, why aren’t HTF reviews included? I trust HTF scores over some of those other review sites.

OMG! :D

I am adding new sources every day!

HTF is amongst the new candidates

Do you feel like adding it as a source is gonna help?

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Where can I find this aggregator you're talking about?

Maybe it's just me at my technological worst, but all I can find is a "[Mod: Link removed]" comment in the first post, and a poll at the top of the thread proposing four tags by which to filter.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
How did you choose the four items to vote on? The one I use to filter disks is HDR (although I know that it should not be used everywhere) and it's not even on your list.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Maybe it's just me at my technological worst, but all I can find is a "[Mod: Link removed]" comment in the first post, and a poll at the top of the thread proposing four tags by which to filter.
Why was the link removed?

Edoardo

Auditioning
Real Name
Edoardo
Why was the link removed?

I am explaining to the owners that that is just a lot of hard work for the community!

And it is our very first aggregator for UHD Blu Rays

And that I am building features based only on community suggestions!

It'll probably be up there again soon okay??

Edoardo

Auditioning
Real Name
Edoardo

Hey

I know you wanna find it!

The owners are debating whether I am doing it for the community or not :D

I am!

In the meantime if you really wanna look at it and suggestions new features - which I will add cause the aggregator is for all of us! - feel free to Google: Mighty Chroma Aggregator

And lemme know your suggestions and requests to make it more tailored to our UHD maniac needs okay??

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Hey

I know you wanna find it!

The owners are debating whether I am doing it for the community or not :D

I am!

In the meantime if you really wanna look at it and suggestions new features - which I will add cause the aggregator is for all of us! - feel free to Google: Mighty Chroma Aggregator

And lemme know your suggestions and requests to make it more tailored to our UHD maniac needs okay??

Thank you, Edoardo. Will give it a look and forward any brainstorms I might have to you.

Edoardo

Auditioning
Real Name
Edoardo
How did you choose the four items to vote on? The one I use to filter disks is HDR (although I know that it should not be used everywhere) and it's not even on your list.

Hey

A lot of people told me those are the indicators they look for the most!

Also what do you mean you filter by HDR?

All Ultra HD Blu Rays have HDR

Doesn't that filter give you... All of them??

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
Haven't come up with anything that needs revision or addition yet. To be honest, not sure how often I would refer to this, but I appreciate the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks