What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Jurassic World: Dominion (June 10, 2022) (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
For me, it was a big, dumb dinosaur movie, which IMO is what the entire franchise has been outside of the first film. There's nothing wrong with that of course, because DINOSAURS, but it would have been nice if more thought had been put into the writing. I think the best thing about this film was the nostalgia in bringing the original three cast members from JP back together again. Jeff Goldblum has become a bit of a caricature of himself, but I love Laura Dern and Sam Neill.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
For me, it was a big, dumb dinosaur movie, which IMO is what the entire franchise has been outside of the first film. There's nothing wrong with that of course, because DINOSAURS, but it would have been nice if more thought had been put into the writing. I think the best thing about this film was the nostalgia in bringing the original three cast members from JP back together again. Jeff Goldblum has become a bit of a caricature of himself, but I love Laura Dern and Sam Neill.
Yeah this film is not without it's issues, but seeing them return is what bumped it up to 4/5 for me.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched this tonight. We actually had tickets for the whole family back when it was released, but had to cancel at the last moment. And then no one seemed eager to go watch it after the lukewarm reviews!

I enjoyed it for the most part, fun if not exactly recapturing the suspenseful scenes from the Spielberg duo. Plenty of dino action once it gets going. (The Malta sequence had some Bourne Supremacy vibes!) I was engrossed in the buildup and the coming together of all the characters. It was great seeing the trio of Grant, Sattler and Malcolm again (kinda like how SW fans would have liked to see Luke, Han and Leia again in the sequel trilogy but never got to).

I do agree with some who said that the “dinos freely roaming the world” theme didn’t really get explored, as the story forces the main players into a “restricted compound“ again. And the idea that dinos and modern animals can co-exist in harmony (implied by the final shots) is, of course, somewhat ludicrous.

But all in all, I enjoyed it more than the other 2 JW entries. And it’s a good, entertaining romp for a family night at the movies (with some hot chocolate 😎).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks