What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Just found out Head of the Class Season 2 will be out on DVD on 10/27/2020...details below. (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Just found out from Bill Hunt's Digital Bits website that Season 2 of the ABC comedy Head of the Class will be coming out on that format on 10/27/2020. Cover art below

Another source to confirm the details...https://screen-connections.com/2020/09/15/warner-archive-october-2020-tv-new-releases-black-lightning-space-ghost/

Here is the proof... First up, the Warner Archive Collection has announced their October slate, which is set to include Hanna-Barbera’s Space Ghost & Dino Boy: The Complete Series (1966-1967) on Blu-ray on 10/13, HBO’s The Plot Against America (2020) on DVD on 10/20, DC’s Black Lightning: The Complete Second Season (2018-2019) and Black Lightning: The Complete Third Season (2019-2020) on Blu-ray on 10/27, and Head of the Class: The Complete Second Season on DVD on 10/27. ..cover art below

1600238022632.png

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Hope they're able to continue on. I'm guessing Head of the Class will be fast tracked for 2021. It may be their big continuing release next year.

--jthree

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ill have to check that out. I saw the complete Series vis Roku TV but I hate ads

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess that's it for October from the WB Archives. It's going to be along five weeks till we get news on the November releases.

---jthree

Tober27

Auditioning
Real Name
Tober
I didn't even know Season 1 was available. Love this show.
And now I see people saying it's online in HD.
Is this true HD? Any chance of Blu-ray then?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The show's medium of origin is NTSC analog tape, so it's an upconversion. As for whether it has any apparent advantage over the DVD, I will believe it when I see it. Personally, I believe you're not so much gaining resolution as losing the compression artifacts of MPEG-2 compression. That's why such upconversions can look "apparently" better than their DVD counterparts.

I just hope they didn't crop the aspect ratio to 16x9. That would look positively dreadful.

Tober27

Auditioning
Real Name
Tober
The show's medium of origin is NTSC analog tape, so it's an upconversion. As for whether it has any apparent advantage over the DVD, I will believe it when I see it. Personally, I believe you're not so much gaining resolution as losing the compression artifacts of MPEG-2 compression. That's why such upconversions can look "apparently" better than their DVD counterparts.

I just hope they didn't crop the aspect ratio to 16x9. That would look positively dreadful.

Thanks for the info. I believe I saw a thumbnail and that it's still 4:3, but haven't seen an episode to be sure.
I think someone on the thread for Season 1 was asking about episode length.
Were these shortened for syndication? Is it possible either DVD or digital is cut?

I was rushing over to purchase season 1, but thought I'd wait until 2 is released, as I have to ship them international.
And now thinking digital may be the better option, as it may have better picture (even if just less compression), and the DVDs feature no extra content.

Still undecided though, as I always thought this show on DVD would be instant buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks