What's new

Laverne & Shirley (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know if the overseas release of L&S on dvd varies at all from the U.S. release in terms of music clearance? I had heard HAPPY DAYS didn't suffer from music cuts on the overseas releases. Now I see L&S is getting a complete series which is available on Amazon for a whopping $172 as oppose to the $44 U.S. set. I'm wondering if the episodes are more complete. Why would they offer the set all over again for that price on Amazon? Seems weird.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
That new pre-order is the Australian release, so that price factors in the currency difference. Music-wise they are the same as the discs released in the States.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Somewhat related, but I watched a recent episode of The Odd Couple (don't judge me..lol) and it was an episode honoring Garry Marshall and they brought in a bunch of actors from his old classic shows and L&S were ones that showed up, as did folks from Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, etc.

Poor "Laverne" looks like she's going to pop any minute and looks worn out, but "Shirley" looked well and spunky as ever. Was nice seeing them and the other classic show characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsystems82
Recent bookmarks