What's new

Left channel playing on both speakers (1 Viewer)

ShiftyMiata

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin Bailey
Hello! I have a pair of Bose 2.2's. They are currently 24 years old. They have worked fine for the last year, when I bought them. I have my 3.5mm audio jack, which splits into an RCA cable. This is plugged into my equalizer. The equalizer is connected to my amplifier. Anyways, I unplugged the 3.5mm Jack from my monitor, and plugged it into my phone. Ever since I returned the 3.5mm Jack to the monitor, it plays the left channel audio in both speakers. Anything that plays in the right channel cannot be heard. I tried plugging the 3.5mm into other devices, still no right channel. Any ideas? Thanks. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Bose 2.2 speakers
Technics SU-G91 amplifier
Technics SH-8017 EQ

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hard to say, but if it was working before with the same setup I'm guess the 3.5mm plug was damaged somehow in the plugging/unplugging though it could be just a bad connection. It's possible it's not
plugged in fully so only one of the contacts it engaged appropriately, but that really doesn't seem to make a lot of sense if it's happening on multiple devices

1st as simple as it sounds -- make sure it's plugged in completely. I've always had trouble with stereo 3.5 plugs whether cables or earphones/buds getting the exact right plug in depth
though admittedly most of my wires are really cheapo versions.

2nd -- assuming the 3.5 plug isn't more or less permanently attached in the other side, replace it with a new cable and see if it works.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
It seems like David is on the right track with this one. I'm thinking it's a cable issue too. If you tried another device and you're sure the cable is plugged in all the way it seems the cables is buggered. I would get another 3.5mm to RCA (assuming that's what you have) cable and hook it up to the system. This will at least allow you to confirm if it's the cable or not.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a reminder there are different mono and stereo 3.5mm plugs if you are ordering - this calls for an old fashioned trip to Radio Shack, but alas....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks