What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss

Legion: The Complete First Season Blu-Ray Review
Legion_FX-1024x526.jpg

A magnificent mind-trip of a show, Legion takes the rules of filmed superhero media, crushes them underfoot, and rewrites them with a giddy confidence. It’s genius at every turn, with casting choices, plot choices, action-sequence choices, lighting, set-design, costume and music choices that announce to the world that this is a show that knows exactly what it is and it wants to challenge, surprise and entertain you. The show is related to the X-Men, not that you need to know that to enjoy it, and it never invokes or relies upon the established canon of the lucrative X-Men series. Simply put, Legion is stunning television.

[review]

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I agree, it's a great review! I don't care for most superhero movies, but I enjoy the CW superhero shows (I grew up a DC kid--where is my Booster Gold/Blue Beetle TV show?). I wasn't going to tune into Legion, but once I realized it was from the man who developed Fargo for TV, I had to check it out! It's such a fantastic series, another reason FX is my go-to cable channel (Atlanta, Taboo, American Horror Story, American Crime Story, etc.). And kudos to Fox for releasing a Blu-ray set (wish they'd done one for Fargo S3, but I digress).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks