What's new

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Are You There God It's Me Margaret (2023) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
margaret.png

SANTA MONICA, CA (May 2, 2023) – The beloved and best-selling classic that has impacted generations, Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. arrives on Digital June 6, On Demand June 27, and on Blu-ray™ + DVD + Digital Combo and DVD July 11 from Lionsgate. Abby Ryder Fortson (Ant-Man and the Wasp,Forever My Girl) is joined by a remarkable all-star cast, including Rachel McAdams (The Notebook, Mean Girls), Benny Safdie (Licorice Pizza, Good Time), and Kathy Bates (TV’s “American Horror Story,” Misery). Written for the screen and directed by Kelly Fremon Craig (The Edge of Seventeen), Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. will be available for the suggested retail prices of $39.99 for Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Combo, and $29.96 for DVD.

In this long-awaited movie adaption of Judy Blume’s classic, groundbreaking novel, eleven-year-old Margaret (Abby Ryder Fortson) is uprooted from her life in New York City to the suburbs of New Jersey, going through the messy and tumultuous throes of puberty with new friends in a new school. She relies on her mother, Barbara (Rachel McAdams), who is also struggling to adjust to life outside the big city, and her adoring grandmother, Sylvia (Kathy Bates). A timeless coming-of-age story, Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret sparkles with insightful humor while candidly exploring life’s biggest questions.

Written for the Screen and Directed by Kelly Fremon Craig. Based on the Book by Judy Blume. Produced by James L. Brooks, p.g.a., Julie Ansell, p.g.a., Richard Sakai, Kelly Fremon Craig, p.g.a., Judy Blume, Amy Lorraine Brooks, Aldric La’auli Porter. Executive Producer Jonathan McCoy.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Finally That Time: Making Margaret
  • Are You There Margaret? It’s Me, Judy.
  • The Secret Crew Club: Margaret and Friends
  • Bringing the Period to Life: Designing Margaret
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Roundtable Discussion
  • Theatrical Trailer
CAST:
Rachel McAdams The Notebook, Mean Girls
Abby Ryder Fortson Ant-Man and the Wasp, Forever My Girl
Elle Graham TV’s “Secrets of Sulphur Springs”
Benny Safdie Licorice Pizza, Good Time
and Kathy Bates TV’s “American Horror Story,” Misery

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. © 2023, Artwork & Supplementary Materials ®, ™ & © 2023 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Type: New Release
Rating: PG-13 for thematic material involving sexual education and some suggestive material
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Feature Run Time: 1 hour, 46 minutes
Closed-Captioned: N/A
Subtitles: Spanish, French, English SDH
Blu-ray™ Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation
Blu-ray Audio:  English Dolby Atmos, English Descriptive Audio, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Audio
DVD Format: 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation
DVD Audio:  English 5.1 Dolby Audio, English Descriptive Audio, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Audio

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Walmart will have an exclusive version of this with what it says will be 20 minutes of additional bonus features and different cover artwork. As of right now, it is also cheaper than the wide release version at Amazon.

I've preordered this one for one of my favorite films of the year so far.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
did you opt in for the protection plan?

For a Blu-ray? No. I think that makes sense if you're making a major purchase like household appliances. But I don't think it's likely enough that something will happen to my Bu-ray to add that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Walmart will have an exclusive version of this with what it says will be 20 minutes of additional bonus features and different cover artwork. As of right now, it is also cheaper than the wide release version at Amazon.

I've preordered this one for one of my favorite films of the year so far.
Was in my local Walmart to pick up my probiotics and saw they had the alternate cover Blu-ray on sale for $19.96, so I bought it as a blind buy on the weight of Jake's enthusiasm and Kelly Fremon Craig's track record. I'll probably watch it later tonight.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My copy shipped today.

Incidentally, I got free shipping when I ordered it. But I noticed that if I ordered a new copy today, they would now charge me $6.99 shipping which wasn't included before. I can't figure that out -- nor can I figure out why the Wal-Mart edition is less money than the regular one -- but I'm certainly not complaining.

I hope you like it @Adam Lenhardt. Let us know what you think!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Was in my local Walmart to pick up my probiotics and saw they had the alternate cover Blu-ray on sale for $19.96, so I bought it as a blind buy on the weight of Jake's enthusiasm and Kelly Fremon Craig's track record. I'll probably watch it later tonight.

It's a good film. I enjoyed it. SOMEWHERE IN QUEENS is another one I felt was pretty good as well.

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Just got shipping notice for the Walmart edition - be here Thursday. Thanks for the head's up @Jake Lipson
My copy arrived today. I was a little confused at first as to why there were three discs in the package, but eventually realized that the second disc was the DVD's bonus features.

Hopefully watch this tomorrow night; if not, Sunday then (I'm seeing Taylor Swift on Saturday so my Saturday is booked.)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was a little confused at first as to why there were three discs in the package, but eventually realized that the second disc was the DVD's bonus features.

The bonus disc is what distinguishes the Way-Mart edition from the standard release available everywhere else. You don't get that with the regular version.

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I just assumed the extra features would be on the regular discs, but I do have a bunch of DVDs from back in the day that came with extra discs. Just been ages since I encountered it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just assumed the extra features would be on the regular discs

There are bonus features on the regular discs too. Walmart's edition just has more, hence the extra disc. I assume that the Blu-ray and DVD with the film on it are the same as you would get if you bought the other version. I think they just stuck the Walmart exclusive stuff on its own disc rather than re-authorizing a different movie disc just for the Walmart copies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks