What's new

Pre-Order Little Darlings (1980) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
915nA8mMKXL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Possibly as a subscriber?

I honestly don't think so. I logged in to vinegarsyndrome.com from my work computer just now and $39.99 is the price that's displayed for anyone.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Partner label release for VS, limited to 8,000 units. Sometimes the partner label titles have significantly higher MSRP.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I honestly don't think so. I logged in to vinegarsyndrome.com from my work computer just now and $39.99 is the price that's displayed for anyone.

I’ll wait until Best Buy has their sale. It’s just not a $40 film, although if it’s regularly $60, that’s a great deal.

I may take a quick loan, purchase the last 2,000 copies, hold them for a short period and then release them on eBay.

If Lawrence is worth around $30, Little Darlings must be worth 40. Surely.

Denham

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
What weird cover art, I don't get it. I did some research and learned that the girls did, in fact, have faces in 1980. Cute ones too, so why cover it up with red paint splashes? Huh?

Little-Darlings-poster.jpg
SAG strike affected more than just film/TV production. Actors couldn't even approve their likenesses for toys- or in this case, new cover art. Hence the annoying splotches (I guess rationalized as a reference to the food fight scene).

This was held up for decades by pricey music licensing issues, which is why it never appeared on DVD or Bd.
Probably wasn't cheap for VS to license.
If anyone doesn't want to pay the $40-$60 for the mediabook, a standard release (with reversible art containing the above image presumably) will be available later in the year.

The mediabooks were only intended to be sold as VS exclusives, but they decided to test the waters with this one due to perceived pent up demand.

Fidelity in Motion is doing the encodes for the line, in case anyone is interested.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
SAG strike affected more than just film/TV production. Actors couldn't even approve their likenesses for toys- or in this case, new cover art. Hence the annoying splotches (I guess rationalized as a reference to the food fight scene).

This was held up for decades by pricey music licensing issues, which is why it never appeared on DVD or Bd.
Probably wasn't cheap for VS to license.
If anyone doesn't want to pay the $40-$60 for the mediabook, a standard release (with reversible art containing the above image presumably) will be available later in the year.

The mediabooks were only intended to be sold as VS exclusives, but they decided to test the waters with this one due to perceived pent up demand.

Fidelity in Motion is doing the encodes for the line, in case anyone is interested.
Maybe this will bode well for Looking for Mr. Goodbar, another Paramount title hamstrung by music rights.

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I’m trying to remember if I even liked the film. I know I didn’t go twice. Prices for a 1980 ticket were about 3 bucks. Hmmmm, to purchase a 4K/UHD of Little Darlings is about 18-20 times what I paid at the theater. By comparison, this actually makes the upcoming 4K/UHD of Se7en almost look like a steal.

Say, what’s up with these recent 4K/UHD price hikes, anyway?

Last edited:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Admittedly I haven't seen this in 40+ years, but as I recall, the exterior photography is so lyrical--and Czech--focusing on the actresses as human beings, with their own foibles and confusions, that it's much more entertaining and human than it has any right to be.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks