What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Load Audiobooks onto My iPhone? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So I’ve got a few audiobooks on CDs I’ve purchased and want to rip them into MP3’s and put on my iphone. Is there a way to get them into an app like Apple Books or Audible so I can listen to them on my iphone

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
So I’ve got a few audiobooks on CDs I’ve purchased and want to rip them into MP3’s and put on my iphone. Is there a way to get them into an app like Apple Books or Audible so I can listen to them on my iphone

Pre-Catalina, you could use iTunes to prepare MP3 or AAC versions of CD tracks. That functionality probably now lives in the Music application. After you get the MP3 or AAC files, I'm not sure what you need to do to move them over to the Books application.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Pre-Catalina, you could use iTunes to prepare MP3 or AAC versions of CD tracks. That functionality probably now lives in the Music application. After you get the MP3 or AAC files, I'm not sure what you need to do to move them over to the Books application.
I am still pre-Catalina.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I am still pre-Catalina.

Your copy of iTunes is probably already set up to import inserted audio CDs. To check, insert an audio CD, or go into iTunes Preferences and look at the "When a CD is inserted" choices in the "General Preferences" tab. Pick any of the "Import" pop-up menu items. Use the "Import Settings…" to choose the format (e.g., MP3) and bit rate.

Once you have imported the tracks, convert them into audio books by right-clicking on them, selecting the Options tab, and changing the Media Kind from Music to Audiobook.
(You might want to do test runs with AAC and MP3, just in case one poster's complaints about this not working for MP3s are valid.)

https://www.iclarified.com/2067/how-to-convert-a-music-file-to-audiobook-using-itunes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks