What's new

Login Issue on particular website page (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have the link https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/ set as my home page. An hour or so ago, when accessing that page I am no longer logged into the forum. Attempting to login generates the error message "Oops. We ran into some problems. Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again. " I am unable to get past this message. If I access the website home page https://www.hometheaterforum.com/ , I am once again logged in and can access individual forums via the forum pull down list. However, attempting to enter this post via Firefox generates the same error. I am entering this post via Microsoft Edge.

I am running Windows 11 and the most recent version of Firefox 108.0.2 (64 bit). This does not seem to occur on my Android phone running Firefox.

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
I made a tweak. Do you want to see if you are still having the same problem?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I’m on my iPad right now and not having problems but at home earlier I had the same problem with my Mac. Same error message and it wouldn’t allow me to log in.

Jonathan

Owner
Real Name
Jonathan
Thanks, Jonathan, but I am still having the issue. I had to enter this reply via MS Edge.
As far as I can tell, the problem affected the site for an hour or two earlier today, and has since been resolved.

Do you still run into the issue if you clear your cache in firefox?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
FYI, I was having the same issue today (obviously not now) and clearing my browser's cookies enabled me to reconnect.

I am running the latest Chrome browser on Chrome OS.

- Walter.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
As far as I can tell, the problem affected the site for an hour or two earlier today, and has since been resolved.

I cleared my cache and cookies earlier. It didn't fix the issue. Can't try again for a few hours - - my wife and are out. I am responding using Firefox on my Android phone (which seemed to work earlier).

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I experienced the same "Oops. We ran into some problems. Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again." message @Scott Merryfield receives for most of the day. And I cannot replicate it again this afternoon and tonight but a really strange thing was once I clicked on a thread to open in a new tab and the name in the right-side personal menu was a different name than mine with a generic avatar in place of my "questrider" username (wish I had screenshotted it). And when I clicked on it I received the same "Oops" message. Other wonky behavior was that certain threads wouldn't update to the current post, e.g., one kept stating it was last updated 40 minutes ago all day when really it was hours ago but all day it always said "40 minutes ago" when I could tell there were several posts after that one throughout the afternoon. Happened in both Firefox and Chrome in both Windows and macOS environments. Weird.

Silver lining is that a cache and cookies clear and re-logging in solved it. When I did the clear, there was a "google.com" cookie that I hadn't recognized before so perhaps that was added during the problem window @Jonathan referenced and caused the ruckus?

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Just got home. Did not work initially, but cleared my data cache, and now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks, Jonathan. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks