What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Disney+ Loki (2021) (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I loved the finale. A thought had occurred to me as the end played out...

Mobius mentioned that some Kang variants were spotted and dealt with, and that they apparently had no idea how to find the TVA. If Marvel decides to officially part company with Jonathan Majors, they could simply drop Kang completely by saying that the TVA is dealing with him/them.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Very enjoyable finale.

I thought the groundhog day aspects of the episode worked very well. The title of the first episode of season one was 'Glorious Purpose" and they (appropriately) looped back to that with the title of the final episode of season two.

The idea of destroying a thing to replace it with a better thing sort of reminded me ( a little ) of Baylon Skoll's line "One must destroy in order to create."

Ren Slayer is at the end of time, but it looks like Miss Minutes gets a do-over.

Probably need to watch this again to digest certain aspects of Loki's solution.

- Walter.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Excellent finale.

Loki collecting the infinitely branching timelines into Yggdrasil was smart and satisfying (and looked beautiful).

Characters "Groundhog Day-ing" always entertains me.

The season 2 story--and especially the finale--borrowed to great effect some of the best bits from the brilliant comic run The God of Stories.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Also, I always loved “A Fifth of Beethoven” and its use here was perfect.

Last edited:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I loved the finale. A thought had occurred to me as the end played out...

Mobius mentioned that some Kang variants were spotted and dealt with, and that they apparently had no idea how to find the TVA. If Marvel decides to officially part company with Jonathan Majors, they could simply drop Kang completely by saying that the TVA is dealing with him/them.
They mentioned one variant 'caused a ruckus' but was dealt with. I took that as a reference to the events of Quantumainia. I don't know if the specific timeline number matches up with the main MCU timeline, but I assumed it did.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
They mentioned one variant 'caused a ruckus' but was dealt with. I took that as a reference to the events of Quantumainia. I don't know if the specific timeline number matches up with the main MCU timeline, but I assumed it did.
Well
Earth-616 is the primary continuity in which most Marvel Comics titles exist

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
In The Multiverse of Madness, they referred to “our” Universe as 616.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Characters "Groundhog Day-ing" always entertains me.

I almost fell off my chair during the bit:

Loki: "How long will it take for me to know everything about this stuff?"

O.B.: "Ah...centuries!"

[card] Centuries Later

My wife almost fell over when I said to her, "He probably already knows how to juggle."

(A reference to the SG-1 time-loop episode, "Window of Opportunity".)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It’s like they completely changed the writing staff
They did. Michael Waldron, who created the show, left to write Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Secret Wars.

That being sad, I'd encourage you to go back for episodes 5 and 6. I'm on record that I was not a fan of the first four episodes this season. But 5 and 6 have been a remarkable turnaround.

Loki is actually the main character in the final two episodes, and his emotional journey is being serviced by the plot mechanics instead of being subservient to them. I still don't love the season as a whole. But given what they already did, the last two episodes were a much better conclusion than I would have expected even a few weeks ago.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Agreed.

If this is the last we see of Tom Hiddleston as Loki, I would be satisfied with this ending for the character.
It certainly would be if that were the case, but of course it won’t be. This positions him to have somewhat of a key role in Secret Wars.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't read the comics so don't know what is coming in the future with Secret Wars. If there is a significant story reason for Hiddleston to return, I would certainly welcome that as long as he wants to continue playing the role. But it really felt to me as though his arc is complete here.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Well, you don’t have to have read the comics to know what’s coming. I mean, not specifics but a general direction. Unlike with the “Infinity Saga”, Marvel Studios has told us from the start that this is the “Multiverse Saga”and Loki (season 1 finale and basically all of season 2) has been telling us that a multiversal war is coming.

With the position Loki is now in, it’s about as unlikely that he won’t have some important role to play in that war as it was that a multiversal Spider-Man movie featuring villains from the Maguire and Garfield Spider-Man universes wouldn’t feature the two Peter Parker’s from those universes as well. It’s just good storytelling. So obviously no guarantees but it’s what I think we should expect from a good storytelling perspective.

But I agree that IF they don’t go that route and there is nothing more of Loki this would serve as a very satisfying conclusion to his story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks