What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

LOONATICS...or How I Started Worrying and Skinned the Bunny (1 Viewer)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
WB, in all their wisdom has decided that Bugs and the gang just don't speak to kids the way they used to. The solution? Why superpowers and action, of course! It's all so simple! Why didn't they think of this before? It's pure genius! The fact that the original shorts have held up for over sixty years must have been a fluke.

Witness the future!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter

The original shorts were made for ADULTS (ie the original animators)! Run the damned classics UNCUT!! There's your solution WB! Don't turn them into frickin' Power Rangers!

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
You know what... I'm afraid it will it may fly with the Digimon and Pokemon generation. The same generation that ruined every cartoon franchise out there with their anime influence.

I will continue to watch the classic cartoons.

Whats next to remake? Mickey Mouse?

Where's Yosemite Sam and Elmer Fudd?

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Considering the tactics Saturday Morning cartoons have for recycling classic icons into trend tailgating, and Warner Brother's insatiable hunger for doing anything so as their characters are altered to be as unnapealing as possible, the question isn't "Why?" so much as "Why has it taken them this long?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:rolleyes

I suppose that the Loony Tunes gang will soon sport enormous oval shaped glassy eyes, a tiny little slit for a mouth that abruptly changes into a little triangle when they speak, unless of course they're angry (90% of the time) in which case their mouths will get as large as their freaking head, a tiny little bump for a nose, wild black, blonde or blue hair, and muscles and veins that pop out all over the place.

I never liked the style of Japaname', the charactors just look too damn bizzarre for me.

Leave Bugs and the boys alone!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

Funny you should say that since this was a topic on MSNBC's "Countdown" last night. Olbermann interviewed Harry Shearer of "The Simpsons" and both were not amused by this new show.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
So they went from sarcastic pseudo-adult oriented toons to.....pseudo-powerpuff adrenaline freaks......any short attention spans or lack of subtlety that todays kids have is not their fault, it's these idiots who keep shoving hyper garbage like this down their collective throats...:thumbsdown:

For christ sake, look at the pic! They're all grinding their TEETH! THEY ARE ALL TWEEKER'S I TELL YA!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I actually enjoy a great deal of Anime. There are good and bad shows like every other type out there. DBZ and Pokemon are pretty bad. There are great ones, however, like Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist. There are as many styles of Anime as there are movies and literature. For WB to lump them all together is ignorant. Thank God that there are places like Cartoon Network that encourage animators to be creative. Not all of their shows work, but the ones that do, like THE VENTURE BROTHERS and most of the Williams Street output are a breath of fresh air.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
As a fan of TEEN TITANS, I look forward to this. This looks FAR more interesting than any of the "half-assed" re-inventions such as Tiny Toons or Duck Dodgers.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
What's the big deal? It's just another spin-off of the characters. It's not like they are REPLACING the original characters. Tiny Toons was just another spin-off, just like this is. I'm sure it will have it's fans, just like the originals did.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
This says one thing:
NO IMAGINATION What happened to the old create a new cartoon, new idea and run with it mentality. Sharpening the edges of a character, giving them powers and calling them heroes is the brain child of a person who's mind has probably suffered from Gameboy or Segaitis, no imagination. Where is the world going too and what is it becoming. I grew up watching these characters (40 years old) and even stomach the much later cartoons with poor artwork, censored cartoon violence etc..., but this is just silly. I tell you one thing, this is going to be one hell of a marketing ploy, the action figures alone will drum up millions, you are probably looking at the next Power Ranger phenomenom whereas they won't be able to keep it on the shelf.

I happen to like Duck Dodgers, and I thought Looney Tunes Back In Action was pretty darn entertaining. Guess it proves one thing you don't need imagination to make it big, just an idea from something, combine it with another thing and "viola" a new concept, a new show and another billion dollars. Sorry for the Rant

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
They're looney...TO THE EXTREME!!!!!!

"Person"? It took whole committees and subcommittees to come up with this show ;)

I thought I had it bad for crappy cartoons when I was growing up but I really wonder what today's kids are going to make of all this when they grow up. Will they be nostalgic for this or Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever, or will they shake their heads and think "man, we wasted a lot of time and our parents' money on that crap. What the hell was our problem?"

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
How about they each carry some kind of a ball around that unleashes some kind of big monster that will fight each other...

Naaaaah! It'll never fly! :D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

I think it Lola Bunny or something like that. I hear she was introduced in the Back in Action movie.

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks