What's new

Pre-Order M3GAN - Unrated Edition (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
16404_tn.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Finally! Why does it take so long to get a day-and-date 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray combo for some things nowadays? This was an actual hit movie. It's insane, right?

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Finally! Why does it take so long to get a day-and-date 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray combo for some things nowadays? This was an actual hit movie. It's insane, right?
The unrated blu-ray was released in March, which wasn't long after its theatrical run. The only surprising aspect is why did I not purchase the blu-ray, only to see the 4K UHD announced six months later?

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
The unrated cut is, IMO, not good at all. I would hope the regular edition is available.
I hope both cuts are on there as well. I haven't seen the unrated version of Megan, but with the exception of Kingdom of Heaven, I can't think of a director's cut that actually improved a film. Especially a comedy, which this is largely a dark comedy with horror elements.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The unrated cut is, IMO, not good at all. I would hope the regular edition is available.
It’s a short enough film that they can get it on a BD-66 with seamless branching, given the limited difference between cuts. Certainly the preferred option, since the other option is using a BD-100 to encode the film twice in both versions (seamless branching doesn’t play nicely with triple layer discs, apparently).

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I hope both cuts are on there as well. I haven't seen the unrated version of Megan, but with the exception of Kingdom of Heaven, I can't think of a director's cut that actually improved a film. Especially a comedy, which this is largely a dark comedy with horror elements.
It's really not a director's cut at all. The director's did what they thought was best and the original version IS their cut. This other thing just adds extra violence and it's so much more effective without it.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It's really not a director's cut at all. The director's did what they thought was best and the original version IS their cut. This other thing just adds extra violence and it's so much more effective without it.
Alas, conflating extended or unrated cuts with director's cuts happens much more often than it should, even when directors say, "This is not my director's cut; however, I thought you might like to see how this version plays."

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Too late. I'm not playing this goddam game anymore. I bought the Blu-ray when released, although I looked for a 4K, which was not available. I'm happy with what I got, so screw these people for assuming we're all gonna double-dip. If you can't get your 4K out on the same day as the Blu, tell us you have a 4K coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks