Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Title: Maestro

Genre: Romantic Drama, Music

Director: Bradley Cooper

Cast: Carey Mulligan, Bradley Cooper

Release: 2023-12-20

Plot: A portrait of Leonard Bernstein's singular charisma and passion for music as he rose to fame as America's first native born, world-renowned conductor, all along following his ambition to compose both symphonic and popular Broadway works.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
F3k8pb9aAAAd1bL

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
There were shots in that trailer in which I could not tell if it was Cooper or the real Lenny. I liked seeing the ever-present cigarette. I think the only time Bernstein was not smoking was when he was on the podium or asleep.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With Carey Mulligan getting top billing, it's clearly going to be about the couple and not just Lenny. This trailer seems to amplify that.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
Saw Maestro last night at the Academy. It is a very intense film that can shatter high water marks in its quality delivery of the symphonic score.
People applauded Cooper's conducting at one point as it was so sonically rich. MUST be seen in a top Dolby Atmos theater!
Should be up their with Oppenheimer come awards season.

Attachments

• 20231117_182602.jpg
    20231117_182602.jpg
    807.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231117_211446.jpg
    20231117_211446.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 21

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
MUST be seen in a top Dolby Atmos theater!
I'm glad to hear you liked it. But unfortunately, considering Netflix is the studio, I doubt a lot of people will get that opportunity near where they live. They want most people to stream it on their service. Even my local theater that has shown an occasional Netflix title is not booking this one.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Even my local theater that has shown an occasional Netflix title is not booking this one.
Yeah, there's an independent theater near me that used to have Netflix movies and I was hoping that they'd get this and The Killer but they did not. I'm assuming that Netflix is now meeting the bare minimum for Oscar contention and nothing more.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm assuming that Netflix is now meeting the bare minimum for Oscar contention and nothing more.
Deadline estimated that May December (the new Todd Haynes film being released by Netflix) is currently playing in about 90 theaters in 45 markets. I think that is more than the Oscar consideration minimum, but it's still not a significant number of locations by any measure.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks