What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Marvel Dark Tower Sketch Book Out Today! (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Heads up all you Dark Tower fans!

In preparation for the upcoming Marvel series based on King's Dark Tower series, a free 20 page sketch book should be available starting today at your local comic book store.

I picked up a copy on the way home. Beautiful drawings by Jae Lee and the character sketch for Jonas Eldred is top notch! OTOH the one for Alain Johnson with his furry chaps looks like something out of Blazing Saddles.

There is a drawing of young Roland, the morning after he bests Cort I believe, where his father is standing over him that looks amazing as well.

The sequence showing how the digital painting is done is excellent too.

Can't wait for the first installment in February! :cool:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Nice. I went to high school with Jae Lee. Robinson Secondary School in VA. he was a senior when I was a sophomore (I graduated '92). I didn't know him, but he had art class the period before mine, and they always hung his stuff on the walls (I was always more in to photography). He did a lot of airbrushed stuff back then (robotic dolphins and crazy stuff like that).

I'm a huge Dark Tower fan. I will definitely have to follow this series.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks