What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Maude- Season 2? (1 Viewer)

FP62

Grip
Real Name
Frank P. Nolan
Has Sony completely abandoned this great series? It's a groundbreaker and deserves to be on DVD. And why isn't Norman Lear fighting harder to get more seasons released? Next to AITF, it's got to be his favorite. Very frustrating.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Sony has abandoned all of their unfinished non-current series to Shout! Factory, so there is a chance for more Maude.

altw

Auditioning
Real Name
Wendy M.
I hope Shout! Factory does pick up Maude. I have seen Season 1 of Maude, and I think it is a very good, funny show. It has the best, wittiest theme song I have ever heard!!! I was a kid in the 1980s so I did not see Maude when it originally aired. But I really do like it!

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It's not a surprise that Maude was dropped after the first season. It's an older, smart, sophisticated, adult, witty series. Lots of series like that do not do well on DVD because too many younger customers have never seen these shows and too many older customers simply won't buy it. Look how long it's taken to get shows like Mary Tyler Moore, All In The Family and Mad About You released. Don't even get me started on the fact that Murphy Brown didn't get past their first season. Ultimately, I blame the customers. Money talks.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I think with the passing of Bea and Rue in recent years, the show would sell a little better now that it would have say, in 2008.

While "Murphy" didn't meet expectations, it's music rights issues are a bigger roadblock for WB.

I really hope Shout picks up the ball after they finish "All in the Family" and put out S2 of "Maude". My bootleg set has stellar picture quality, but unfortunately, the episodes are all cut.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
That and Archie Bunker's Place, while not up to the quality of AITF , it was still a good show.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'm currently enjoying Maude on Antenna TV. I didn't watch it when I was younger because the humor was aimed at adults. Pretty funny show. I've had a lot of belly laughs. I get it now.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I'll buy anything with Adrienne Barbeau. I bought season one the week it came out.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I imagine after AitF is done they'll restart The Jeffersons first, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Maude continued by them. I would like to see them do it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by JohnMor

I'd definitely buy more Maude if they put it out.

Same here. Much more interested in "Maude" than AITF or "The Jeffersons."

DavidBC

Second Unit
I really hope All In The Family is doing well for Shout! and that they will pick up Maude. I wasn't even alive when the show was on, but I've watched the season 1 dvds backwards and forwards and have never seen any other episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks