What's new

Mill Creek to distribute hundreds of Disney properties on DVD, and Blu-Ray (3 Viewers)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
In the multi-year agreement, Distribution Solutions, a division of Alliance Entertainment Holding Corporation, will distribute hundreds of select physical (Blu-ray and DVD) live-action film and television properties from the ABC Signature, 20th Television, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, and 20th Century Studios content libraries.
Great news

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My instinct says that this is a big deal. Disney has been lacking in physical media for a while, and Mill Creek is just the company to fix that. I wonder if we could get the remaining seasons of Agents of SHIELD or the Marvel Netflix shows (all of which were produced by ABC). Of course, if Mill Creek managed to get rights to the Disney+ shows, they'd be celebrated as heroes. (But, of course, if they had, the press release would say so).

Still, this a big deal for physical media.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
It's been a while since I've gotten anything from Mill Creek. My recollection was their releases were bare bones, bargin-bin, and the quality was very hit or miss. Have they upped their game?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Just what we have been calling for - open the vaults to 20th Century Fox content - Mill Creek needs now to up their quality and this could open the vaults! Good on Disney!

Last edited:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I have no problem with Mill Creek BD. They have been a savior for Ultraman, and a slew of Universal TV titles (Airwolf, Miami Vice, Knight Rider, etc.) And they release discs for very reasonable prices.
I did have a positive customer service experience with Mill Creek a couple years back when one of the discs of my Community Blu-ray set was unplayable, several months after purchasing. I alerted them, they responded quickly and sent me a replacement disc right away. They were also good about the replacement program on the Miami Vice set. So they at least seem to care. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Garrisons Gorillas, Richard Williams version of A Christmas Carol, and other odds and ends will be considered. Rather than losing to "other sources," Mill Creek can put out official releases of Disney Afternoon sets, and look at the House of Mouse's "B" material.

--jthree

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Well damn. If this means Green Hornet and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea on blu ray, that would be lovely. Mill Creek needs to up their game tho. If they don't go cheap, this would position them to be a leader with a good rep.

Their I Dream Of Jeannie blu rays were a disgrace. I only hope they treat this as the opportunity it is...

I wonder if 12 O'clock High would be coming? It did just land on Prime

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks