What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: Mr. Harrigan’s Phone (2022)

Genre: Horror

Director: John Lee Hancock

Cast: Donald Sutherland, Jaeden Martell, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Cyrus Arnold, Thomas Francis Murphy, Joe Tippett, Caitlin Shorey, Iván Amaro Bullón

Release: 2022-10-02

Plot: Craig, a young boy living in a small town befriends an older, reclusive billionaire, Mr. Harrigan. The two form a bond over books and an iPhone, but when the man passes away, the boy discovers that not everything dead is gone, and finds himself able to communicate with his friend from the grave through the iPhone that was buried with him.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is he one of the kids from Stranger Things?
No, not Stranger Things (you may be thinking of Finn Wolfhard, who was in both ST and IT). Jaeden's also been in Knives Out, Defending Jacob, and St. Vincent, among other things. He's is only 19, but has been acting for about 10 years.

1663263451271.png

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

The trailer looks pretty faithful to the short story.

I like the trailer. I look forward to watching this. One thing that occurs to me, as an aside, watching this is how long I have been watching Donald Sutherland on screen, how many truly wonderful performances he has given, and that he is such a treasure as an actor. I have been watching Mr. Sutherland's work my entire life and he is still just amazing.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I didn’t know anything about the show before I watched it. I was really impressed with the characters and the slow pace to begin. Sadly, it just didn’t go anywhere. It might have been more impressive if this came out back in the 70s, but today it left me with such an empty feeling. I expected things to get much more interesting. The teacher warned about being careful who you invite in. The mystery closet. None if it went anywhere.
Sutherland is still an excellent actor. Was great to see him once more.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It's a pretty straightforward story that does not throw a lot at you in terms of twists or turns. I liked that it was about the characters and their relationships as much as it is about a spooky tale about a guy communicating from the grave with his cell phone. It reminded me a bit of Stand By Me as King stories go. It helped that it was well acted and well written but sure, it does not jump right into the horror and even when it gets into that it is more about what the primary character is thinking about what may be happening than really scaring the pants off you.

Probably the best big freaky King adaptation that has come out in a long time is Doctor Sleep and that is a pretty good epic horror film and in the director's cut stands well next to The Shining.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks