World Wide Stereo

My Subwoofer Hums (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
At first I thought something was wrong with the SW, but then the humming stopped. So I rewound on my DVR, and the humming restarted and then stopped in the same point. It appears to be content related and I’m watching CNN. When I watch what happens when it stops and starts, I don’t see a change in screen or audio content that would cause this.

I have recently installed a new Denon X6500H and run the AVR calibration.

Jeez, I don’t know what’s causing this.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I sounds like it was in the source audio, so there would be nothing to do about it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Could be ground loop hum caused by one of the components in your chain. You can find plenty of troubleshooting info if you Google it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Could be ground loop hum caused by one of the components in your chain. You can find plenty of troubleshooting info if you Google it.
But, if it was a ground loop, it wouldn't start and stop at the same point in a program. At least I can't figure out why it would. It just sounds like it was in the program audio.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
But, if it was a ground loop, it wouldn't start and stop at the same point in a program. At least I can't figure out why it would. It just sounds like it was in the program audio.
I’m thinking this too, but I don’t know why CNN was broadcast a hum.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My best guess is it was caused by how interviews are being conducted, using less than professional sources. Streaming from iPads, web cams and such. I suspect one of them had a low frequency hum, and when that source was shut off, it went away. Just my best guess.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Very true. I was just throwing it out there as a possibility, especially since he recently added a new receiver to the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks