What's new

Netflix Netflix Series - Stranger Things 4 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I say it’s 2-3 years before season 5 shows up. Have the Duffer’s states a timeline?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if they have a timeline, but I think 2-3 years is a bit on the long side. They seem to indicate it's mostly going to pick up where this season left off. If you wait 2-3 more years the kids are going to look really different. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it in 18 months.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The kids already look like they should be seniors in High School and Nancy and Jonathan who are High School seniors in the show look like they should be graduating college.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I love how they just acknowledged it with a little nod at the end of Ep09 (hint, a certain book being read by a character to another character). Which coincidentally is one of my favorite King books, and one that I hope some day gets made into a series.

You might get your wish.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The kids already look like they should be seniors in High School and Nancy and Jonathan who are High School seniors in the show look like they should be graduating college.

At the time that their characters in Buffy the Vampire Slayer were still in high school, actors Nicholas Brendon and Charisma Carpenter were in their late 20s.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I say it’s 2-3 years before season 5 shows up. Have the Duffer’s states a timeline?
They start writing next month, but there has been no official word on when they plan on having 5 finished.

I don’t see it taking as long as 3 years though. It’s been 3 years since the third season, but they lost about a year because of the pandemic. Otherwise, 4 probably would have been out mid-2021.

Best guess is sometime in 2024. Hopefully earlier in the year rather than later.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You might get your wish.

You beat me to it. I can't recall if I've read the Talisman (don't think so) but I should get back on King bibliography reading.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
They start writing next month, but there has been no official word on when they plan on having 5 finished.

I don’t see it taking as long as 3 years though. It’s been 3 years since the third season, but they lost about a year because of the pandemic. Otherwise, 4 probably would have been out mid-2021.

Best guess is sometime in 2024. Hopefully earlier in the year rather than later.
After this 3-year wait, I’d be satisfied with a 2-year wait, which I think is possible as there’s assumingly not going to be any pandemic delays, as well as the Duffer Brothers saying this final season’s episodes will not clock in as long as Season 4’s did. So I’ll cross my fingers for 2-years or even slightly less. 🤞🏻

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The safe bet seems to be 2024 for the final season. That'll be 8 years since the show debuted.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
At the time that their characters in Buffy the Vampire Slayer were still in high school, actors Nicholas Brendon and Charisma Carpenter were in their late 20s.
IIRC, in the original 90210, Gabrielle Carteris was already 30 at the time she portrayed a high schooler... Luke Perry was also in his mid or late 20s.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I appreciated that they captured the 80’s fear and paranoia about both D&D and Satanism.

For those that weren’t around during that time, some people really did believe that D&D was “dangerous” and that it was tied to summoning demons and devil worship.

I just wanted to fight orcs and find treasure. Maybe I was doing it wrong. 😊

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I appreciated that they captured the 80’s fear and paranoia about both D&D and Satanism.

For those that weren’t around during that time, some people really did believe that D&D was “dangerous” and that it was tied to summoning demons and devil worship.

I just wanted to fight orcs and find treasure. Maybe I was doing it wrong. 😊

Yup. It was similar to the hysteria over Harry Potter and witchcraft, but the media didn’t paint the D&D haters as crazy.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As a child of the 80s who grew up in a rural part of the country, I can first-hand attest that the "Satanic Panic" was a 100% real thing. My parents, who weren't even overly religious, told me not to play D&D and even told me to stop hanging out with friends that did, because of the community talk going around that D&D led to satan worship.

Now that I have spent most of my adult life in a very densely populated, urban area, and have become very familiar with the mindset difference between urban and rural parts of the country, I can understand where those who have spent most/all of their lives in densely populated areas may not have experienced the "Satanic Panic" as intensely as it hit rural parts of the country. Where I grew up wasn't even "Bible Belt" country but it still made its way into that region.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfarrukh
Recent bookmarks