What's new
World Wide Stereo

New AVR with Dolby Pro Logic II or similar? (1 Viewer)

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
Can someone please tell me what "new" AV recievers of today have something that will anchor 2 channel TV audio to the centre channel like Dolby Pro Logic II does? I dont think Dolby Pro Logic II exists on new AV recievers of today am I correct? I would like to upgrade my old Denon AVR 4520 to something 4K or another brand that might be better....

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Hell even some modern soundbars do it. On Vizios they bill it as EQ settings but its really just pro logic.

tns49

Agent
Real Name
Timothy
Can someone please tell me what "new" AV recievers of today have something that will anchor 2 channel TV audio to the centre channel like Dolby Pro Logic II does? I dont think Dolby Pro Logic II exists on new AV recievers of today am I correct? I would like to upgrade my old Denon AVR 4520 to something 4K or another brand that might be better....

Dolby Pro Logic II is a pretty old standard and essentially included in all modern AVR, sound bars and even many TV's On the Denon you have to go out of your way (e.g when playing essentially mono sound) to tell it you don't want it only in your center speakers but want your main Fronts too reproduce the sound. Something you might want to do if your front main speaker are of significantly better sound quality than your middle speaker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks