What's new
World Wide Stereo

New Denon AVR X8500H Begs Questions on Speaker Placement.... (1 Viewer)

David Flora

Stunt Coordinator
By now hopefully some of you have seen the new Denon X8500H, and wow is it NICE. I'm already scheming on how I'm going to break the news to my wife that this is going to be the new baby that runs my home theater! Anyway, I'm nearly finished with my basement home theater, and I initially wired everything for a 9.2.4 setup, but I had the last extra speakers be height speakers just above my front mains. Where should those heights be set? I'm now thinking that maybe they should go off to the side walls and point towards the listener. Just looking for suggestions. Boy this made my day!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

EricN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
I have the X8500H running 7.2.4. I am using 2 pair of SVS Prime Elevation speakers as heights. I am not using them in the front but on the sides in front and behind the side channel speakers. Speaking to the SVS folks about how high, they recommended putting the Prime Elevations at the wall/ceiling corner. I am very pleased with their positioning and the immersion is terrific. Both Atmos and Auro 3D present a great sound. Good luck with your system!

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Denon AVR-X8500H here as well. Using all 6 Height channels with a few extra alterations so I can use 9 overheads and some extra channels to provide a better ambiance immersive matrix enhacment which is 12 channels.

Denon AVR X8500H 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks